Starbucks Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I did a phone interview with a recruiter, and I did not feel as though this recruiter knew what he, or Starbucks represented. I interviewed for a finance/accounting position, and this recruiter specifically recruited for that department. However, he did not know what a CPA license was, and wasn't sure how to answer my questions regarding reimbursements for continuing education and keeping up my license. He asked me if CPE credits were a college course, and when I explained it was a licensing requirement, he told me Starbucks doesn't reimburse those costs. Seemed really odd considering its an expensive license and the job description said that a CPA license was preferred.

Overall the interview was straight forward. They ask the typical experiential questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when...") as well as what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• They send you a questionnaire prior to the interview for you to fill out. The recruiter just read the exact same questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

My resume was sumitted by a friend within the company. Was called by a recruiter. Interview questions were mostly about personality and fit within the company. The hirhing manager gave me a case analysis, but the case analysis was more about the analytical process than getting the right answers. Ultimately didn't get the job due to a candidate with more practical experience. Great culture and great organization, all the interviews were, while difficult, very "fun" and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself.   Answer Question
    • not so much a question, but many questions in regard top performing a financial case analysis.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks in May 2010.

Interview

Very quick and relaxed interview setting with more emphasis on cultural fit than on skills. Try not be agressive in the interview, Starbucks wants people who are sociable and respect their peers. Agressive individuals who try to change things are frowned upon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with data analysis using different tools?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Due to visa issues I needed to find a job fast. They did not negotiate on salary but were ready to give additional vacation.