Starbucks Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Shift Manager Interview Questions

2.4

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied online in the morning, got a call that afternoon asking me to set up an interview that week. Went in and interviewed with the store manager. As has been mentioned before you are given a free drink of your choice during the interview. The manager seemed to be as interested in selling me the job as vetting me for it. I was asked if I would be willing to take a different position and be fast tracked into the job I applied for as there weren't any openings for that role. Manager reached out to nearby stores to see if anyone needed a shift manager and offered barista job when there were no openings.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had 1 interview with the company and I have worked there before. I can see how the position is valuable and could use my hard working ethics to contribute to this growing brand. I plan to apply agin soon.

Interview Questions

• I ask them where they thought the company was going in my area as far as growth?   1 Answer
    • I was ask how I handled difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Draper, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within 24 hours I received a call from Anna the hiring manager for a local store. We set up a time to meet one on one within 5 days. The interview was in the store, very personable and comfortable setting. The hiring manager buys your drink for you so be prepared to order! Like always everyone working at Starbucks is friendly and high energy.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN).

Interview

They like to make the interview about your personality and try to see how bubbly and smiley you can be. If you are not a normally happy or talkative person, this job isn't for you.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

My process took three weeks. I applied online and received a call within a couple of days. I initially met with a store manager, and then met with a district manager the following week. The second week was spent deciding where I would be placed.

Interview Questions

• Situation specific questions such as: Describe a time you disagreed with a customer/ coworker/ boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Norwalk, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy. They asked the expected questions. It is a great job. They want responsible individuals. It is best to start out as a barista. Then you can learn the ropes. The company always prefers to hire from within. It is very easy to move up once you get started. You basically run the shift, give breaks, watch the safe, open and close the store, keep track of inventory. They want people who are friendly, never rude, upbeat, young, ambitious, and love teaching people about coffee.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle various situations if a customer complains ?   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

applied online. the process took 3 weeks. Basic behavioral questions. And they also wanted to see how my time management skills were. The interviewer was a store manager and he was really nice. Mostly had nice conversations with him. Didn't really feel like it was a formal corporate interview.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

You would be come and meet with the store manager and the district manager. Their method is to have two people opinion as to avoid bias. Then once the introduction part over, they are start asking the interview question. It was simple and straightforward, I was given the expectation of the work, asked to know whether I am able to work under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Give the example where I have solved an issue in my career wise and why have I chosen that method of solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews with two different store managers about a week apart. The STAR interview method is used. The first interview lasted about an hour. The second lasted about 30 minutes. It took approximately two more weeks to receive confirmation of my employment.

Interview Questions

• The interview is not difficult. The STAR interview method was used in both of my interviews. Be prepared to elaborate on your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a substantial increase. The negotiation only took one phone call and the response was within hours.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted via phone to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was standard and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was decided that I would start at the company as a barista in order to learn how the company functioned from the ground up. This would have been an excellent strategy had the training I received been anything more than a joke.