Starbucks Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Starbucks Shift Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Starbucks

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Wakefield, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Went to a mass hiring event where I was greeted by many staff members. After a 1st interview with standard questions, I was asked to stay for a 2nd, with a little more specific questions and after that process, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted via phone to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was standard and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was decided that I would start at the company as a barista in order to learn how the company functioned from the ground up. This would have been an excellent strategy had the training I received been anything more than a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews with two different store managers about a week apart. The STAR interview method is used. The first interview lasted about an hour. The second lasted about 30 minutes. It took approximately two more weeks to receive confirmation of my employment.

Interview Questions

• The interview is not difficult. The STAR interview method was used in both of my interviews. Be prepared to elaborate on your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a substantial increase. The negotiation only took one phone call and the response was within hours.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

My process took three weeks. I applied online and received a call within a couple of days. I initially met with a store manager, and then met with a district manager the following week. The second week was spent deciding where I would be placed.

Interview Questions

• Situation specific questions such as: Describe a time you disagreed with a customer/ coworker/ boss.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ossining, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ossining, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy/ situational and behavioral questions, they sometimes will have you interview at another store for a second round interview. Then there is a background check before the position is offered. But all in all the interview is good, but actively listen to how you word your responses, bc the questions are the same thing worded differently.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were stressed? How did you introduce yourself to your coworkers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN).

Interview

They like to make the interview about your personality and try to see how bubbly and smiley you can be. If you are not a normally happy or talkative person, this job isn't for you.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

applied online. the process took 3 weeks. Basic behavioral questions. And they also wanted to see how my time management skills were. The interviewer was a store manager and he was really nice. Mostly had nice conversations with him. Didn't really feel like it was a formal corporate interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Operational Duties,daily and weekly. Hired and trained all employees . Invoice management weekly. Building a schedule weekly. Building retail setups each week to align with master. Weekly fill in scheduling to align call outs.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you interact with people   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Norwalk, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy. They asked the expected questions. It is a great job. They want responsible individuals. It is best to start out as a barista. Then you can learn the ropes. The company always prefers to hire from within. It is very easy to move up once you get started. You basically run the shift, give breaks, watch the safe, open and close the store, keep track of inventory. They want people who are friendly, never rude, upbeat, young, ambitious, and love teaching people about coffee.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle various situations if a customer complains ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

You would be come and meet with the store manager and the district manager. Their method is to have two people opinion as to avoid bias. Then once the introduction part over, they are start asking the interview question. It was simple and straightforward, I was given the expectation of the work, asked to know whether I am able to work under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Give the example where I have solved an issue in my career wise and why have I chosen that method of solution.   Answer Question