Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions in Colorado | Glassdoor

Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions in Colorado

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boulder, CO).

Interview

It was great, they ask you about you and what is your proudest moment. Then they proceed to switch interviewers with a new line of questions. Like What other jobs have you had and what have you gain from them? Do you see on a long term with starbucks?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about coffee?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Most of the time you will be hired as a Barista first and if a Shift position opens up in your area you are eligible to apply as long as you are a certified barista and have a general understanding of the business. I was a barista for a little over a year before I promoted. If you have a good store manager or ASM they will do a mock interview with you, provide you with a job description and possibly even a sheet with potential interview questions. You will likely interview for the Shift Supervisor position with another store manager in your district. They might make you interview twice, although I was only interviewed once.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an unhappy customer. Describe a time where you coached another partner. Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Littleton, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

Two part interview process, part one with store manager, part two with district manager and a different store manager, afterwards there is a decision on whether or not transfer to another store.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to coach a partner who was doing a task wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

This was for a promotion, involved doing a coffee pairing and tasting with the hiring manager as well as an interview. For this I received a referral from my manager and submitted an internal application. I prepared for the interview with a coffee master at my former store. The interview took place in the lobby of the store with the manager during regular store hours.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online via the Starbucks career site and was called in a matter of hours. The initial call was a screening process in which the manager asked me to share a little about myself and asked a few questions related to availability and what type of work I'm looking for. We set up an interview for the next day.
    The first interview was with the manager I spoke with on the phone the day before. We chatted for a bit and she asked me questions about myself and my work experience and then we dove into the actual interview.
    The Interview was behavioral; a lot of questions like, "Tell me about a time you felt you let down a customer". More based on how you interact with people and customer service. Some of the questions were difficult, but they give you plenty of time and can explain it a different way.
    The second interview was at a different store with a different manager. This interview was much more intense. A lot of scenario questions intermixed with own experience questions. The questions revolved around supervising employees, how you handle conflict, how you perceive yourself as a supervisor, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you treated a coworker fairly even though they mistreated you".   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in July 2009.

Interview

The applications are online at their website now. The interviews are pretty standard as well. Don't look like a slob. No jeans and t-shirt. It's a business, not a local shop. I'd suggest khaki or black slacks and a black or white collared shirt, since that is the uniform that they require.

The questions are also pretty standard. They'll ask what you know about coffee and Starbucks as a company. They'll ask you why you think you'd like to work there. The key is be genuine. I've done a handful of interviews and it is quite easy to see when people are being fake.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you how you deal with certain ethical problems, like catching another employee stealing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set wages. There is no negotiations for these level jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Parker, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

I went to a job fair, and a bunch of people were interviewed by other starbucks managers. we were asked the usual questions: why do you want to work for starbucks? what would you do in this situation? what is your job history? pretty basic, I think I got the job because I was outgoing.