Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly. Free drink during interview. Basic "what would you do" or "how did you handle" questions. I dressed appropriately and still have my earrings and tattoos and they agreed they were all tasteful and welcome as self expression. Seems they care about their employees and want them to stand out while still being corporate. Offered the job, now just waiting for background check so I can start working.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Garden City, NY).

Interview

you can walk into a store and ask if they are hiring, but you must fill out the application entirely online (you can send your application to up to 4 stores). You will go in for an interview (basic questions like what you like about the company, what do you know about it, your work ethic, relationships with co workers, customer service skills,etc). If they want to hire you, you'll submit to a background check (if you have anything in your past that you were convicted of, no matter how small, you are ineligible to work there). From there, you get "onboarded" where you go in, learn the policies,etc. Then/ you are scheduled for the first 2 weeks with a barista trainer, who will teach you how to do everything. You're tested throughout the 2 weeks on your knowledge of company policy, drink recipes,customer interactions, etc.

Interview Questions

• did you ever have a time when you had to discipline a co-worker? why and how did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Olathe, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

You get a free beverage then you sit down and have a casual chat with the manager. They ask you a few questions about your personal schedule, due to the fact that they are prob looking for some specific times shift wise for you to work, If you are open to working weekends, or ungodly open shifts which are crazy early but honestly the best shifts.
    Then they move onto some customer situations and how you would handle those situations. Then some sales questions,
    Remember a interview is a chance for you to decide if you match personally with that leader. There are lots of different Starbucks in the area and lots of different leadership styles, make sure that this store fits YOUR needs and that your not adjusting to its needs.

Interview Questions

• Customer sue is very upset her latte wasn't made correctly. What would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Questions regarding incidents and customer service moments are reviewed. Specifically, moments when customer service could be improved, how, why was it not good to begin with. What skills set you apart for this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed to make a customer happy or ruined the customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Candid interview. Very realaxing. SM asked a few question. Went for second interview three days later. Called back three days later. SM said shes waiting for my background check to clear.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience I had with customer service and how did I deal with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Working there was all I needed.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a manager at one store, she referred me to another store manager for a 2nd interview. That manager and I spoke and she hired me, but for a different store. The store I ended up working at I had never met the store manager. The entire process was very odd, and it took over a month to get on a schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on a friday and got a call monday to come in for an interview on tuesday. I sat down and was offered a free drink. She asked the basic questions like, "why do I want to work for starbucks", "What would you do if you weren't getting along with another partner", "How would you handle multiple tasks that need to be done", a lot of situational questions. She talked a lot about the company and the benefits. Make sure to mention teamwork, they are very big on that. She told me that she wanted to hire me right now and got my birth date to run a background check which takes a few days so now I am waiting to hear back about that.

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Roswell, GA).

Interview

Promotion is typically internal, and is based on daily performance. You can sit with your manager and talk about the possibility of moving into a supervisory role, and you can begin a development plan with your manager to work toward your goals.
    The interview process is very relaxed, since you most likely already know your manager and have been through the weeds with them. They know you and know what you are capable of in your current role, so talk about what you see yourself doing in the future to better store goals, how to assist is driving sales, motivate the team, maintaining inventory, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an upset customer. How did you defuse the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward, asks standard interview questions. Read up on the company dress code and try to fit in to make yourself a more appealing candidate. While not a store manager, you will still be in a leadership position so ask questions about the relationship between baristas/shift supervisors/store management/district etc. If you want the job, ask questions a leader feels are important.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Great interview! I met with the store manager and he first asked me to describe myself and my work experience (which is standard), then asked about 6 - 7 good questions. We had a good discussion and I left feeling very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do handle a change in company policy?   1 Answer