Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Starbucks

2.3

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

When I applied it took a month for them to contact me and set up an interview (I called three times in that month to ask about openings). The interview process was more relaxed than I had expected. It didn't feel like an interrogation like some do. I was hired that day about four hours after my interview and started two days later. It was very simple. Normal paperwork and training.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions that needed to be answered.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Great people, very easy going and open. Great sense of humor, overall very nice experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

zero - here's what we offer, take it or leave it kind of deal

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tacoma, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very Easy behavior based interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Once they give you a number explain to them your experience and asked based on that is there a number that would be fair for you both.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was simple and unintimidating. However, it seems more effective to walk into a Starbucks, and ask to speak with a shift supervisor or manager, and express your interest and qualifications than it does to quietly submit an application. The application review process was not a priority, especially as the location only hired one new barista every several months.

Negotiation

I interviewed with the company twice. When I originally took the position, and when I returned to work for the company after a 2-year hiatus for school. The first interview was great and the offer was fair. I was not satisfied that I was offered MUCH lower pay when I returned to work for the company than the pay I had reached 2 years prior.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Really easy to get this position. Anyone can get it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You will not be able to negotiate your pay. It is fixed depending what county you are in.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Augusta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Store manager calls you in after submitting an application. Usually doesn't help to call the store. My manager has told me that has no effect on if he calls anyone or not. honestly it's better to just have a friend that works there that is in management then see if they'll help you out.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about coffee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You got the job here's your raise. it was sad.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Concord, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

just make sure that you tell them you like to move around fast and you're a big fan of coffee.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Starbucks (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was hired as a supervisor already within the company. I did have to interview for this position and hosted a delicious coffee pairing (Casi Cielo w/ chocolate cheese cake from Extrodinary Desserts) success!

Interview Questions

• How to handle a robbery situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Eau Claire, WI).

Interview

My store has the current supervisor team interview all of the candidates. This gives the team more satisfaction in the decisions being made to make the management a unified force. The interview consisted of some pretty basic questions and was fairly simple. The intimidating part was having four other people interviewing.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and called manager. I was familiar with manager from previous workplace. I was scheduled an interview and recieved job offer on that day.

Interview Questions

• The interview was simple with no challanging or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an extra $3 with previous management experience.