Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.4

217 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied on Monday, was called Tuesday for an interview on Wednesday. The Manager was very friendly and to break the ice..he asked me questions about my favorite drink. He also asked if I’ve ever had any bad experiences at Starbucks. The questions were very easy and we got off subject a few times to discuss life. Be yourself you should be good

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced customer service good or bad?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Interview process was okay. Was interviewed by other managers with my own manager observing the interview. It was held at another Starbucks location so it was not too intense. A lot of the questions were centered on how to provide constructive feedback to fellow employees. Other questions were about providing connections with customers and how to handle issues correctly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were obligated to provide feedback to another employee?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time when you had a meaningful connection with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Hamilton, NJ).

Interview

Not too lengthy. Kept to the point. The questions were of logical situations. The manager has someone sit in on the 2nd interview. The entire process took about a half hour total.

Interview Questions

• How you handle a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I received a phonecall to conduct a brief phones screen, then the store manager set up an interview. The interview was casual. It was just an individual interview sitting in the cafe chatting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Albany, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

This interview was difficult for the position. I was interviewed at a hiring event, and the other three applicants that were there were interviewed by one District Manager-- I was interviewed by three at once, which I felt a bit over-the-top.
    They asked MANY questions about my previous job, which was awkward... they didn't integrate their questions into the Starbucks position at all. They just seemed very interested in my previous job itself, not necessarily my role there.
    The interview also lasted about an hour, which.... is just too much for a medium/low-level management position. It left all of us lacking in discussion topics, which I felt was unnecessary for reviewing my potential as an employee.
    I also drove a half an hour away from the store I applied at for this job event, which I felt was unnecessary.
    The interview panel was very kind, though, and seemed to positively receive my responses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think turnover at your previous job was so high?   1 Answer
    • What's your best-selling coffee at your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boone, NC).

Interview

I was asked about my personal life, who I am as a person and a leader. I could tell the manager really wanted to get to know me and was honest and easy to talk to. She and I had a nice conversation and it led to me getting the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you proved to have strong leadership capabilities?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Had already been a current partner. Interviewed with our district manager. Really dry and condescending. Interrupted me speaking to talk to a passerby he knew. Didn't even entertain the idea of my promoting, but the opposite, since the first few sentences he spoke to me.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Kirkland, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Super easy, basically wants to know if you can handle pressure and direct an optimal store floor. discussed the basics of what the job entailed and asked questions about potential scenarios you will face in that position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a barista that is your friend shows up late or does something ridiculous?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Typically you will interview with the store manager and they think they are good at psychoanalyzing. Tell them what they want to hear because they're following a rubric. I literally got hired the day of the interview, they were desperate and most locations are desperate for employees since the turnover rate is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a supervisor?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Mentioned to store manager i wanted to promote. Interviewed with District Manager and Store Manager. Group interview with both was very relaxed and friendly. simple questions and really stressed past experience.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time where you had to handle a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question