Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.3

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Typically you will interview with the store manager and they think they are good at psychoanalyzing. Tell them what they want to hear because they're following a rubric. I literally got hired the day of the interview, they were desperate and most locations are desperate for employees since the turnover rate is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a supervisor?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Mentioned to store manager i wanted to promote. Interviewed with District Manager and Store Manager. Group interview with both was very relaxed and friendly. simple questions and really stressed past experience.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time where you had to handle a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a barista and shift supervisor position, and I went into the interview without knowing which I was being considered for. Once we got past that, the questions were focused on getting to know me and how my previous experience was applicable.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lake Forest, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy questions, work experience, Day in the life of a Barista, What to expect, Training/standards, what availability do you have and work experience. Why do you want to work for starbucks all that jazz.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly. Free drink during interview. Basic "what would you do" or "how did you handle" questions. I dressed appropriately and still have my earrings and tattoos and they agreed they were all tasteful and welcome as self expression. Seems they care about their employees and want them to stand out while still being corporate. Offered the job, now just waiting for background check so I can start working.

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Garden City, NY).

Interview

you can walk into a store and ask if they are hiring, but you must fill out the application entirely online (you can send your application to up to 4 stores). You will go in for an interview (basic questions like what you like about the company, what do you know about it, your work ethic, relationships with co workers, customer service skills,etc). If they want to hire you, you'll submit to a background check (if you have anything in your past that you were convicted of, no matter how small, you are ineligible to work there). From there, you get "onboarded" where you go in, learn the policies,etc. Then/ you are scheduled for the first 2 weeks with a barista trainer, who will teach you how to do everything. You're tested throughout the 2 weeks on your knowledge of company policy, drink recipes,customer interactions, etc.

Interview Questions

• did you ever have a time when you had to discipline a co-worker? why and how did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Olathe, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

You get a free beverage then you sit down and have a casual chat with the manager. They ask you a few questions about your personal schedule, due to the fact that they are prob looking for some specific times shift wise for you to work, If you are open to working weekends, or ungodly open shifts which are crazy early but honestly the best shifts.
    Then they move onto some customer situations and how you would handle those situations. Then some sales questions,
    Remember a interview is a chance for you to decide if you match personally with that leader. There are lots of different Starbucks in the area and lots of different leadership styles, make sure that this store fits YOUR needs and that your not adjusting to its needs.

Interview Questions

• Customer sue is very upset her latte wasn't made correctly. What would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Questions regarding incidents and customer service moments are reviewed. Specifically, moments when customer service could be improved, how, why was it not good to begin with. What skills set you apart for this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed to make a customer happy or ruined the customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Candid interview. Very realaxing. SM asked a few question. Went for second interview three days later. Called back three days later. SM said shes waiting for my background check to clear.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience I had with customer service and how did I deal with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Working there was all I needed.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a manager at one store, she referred me to another store manager for a 2nd interview. That manager and I spoke and she hired me, but for a different store. The store I ended up working at I had never met the store manager. The entire process was very odd, and it took over a month to get on a schedule.