Starbucks Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.9

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Warner Robins, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and a few days later, I was contacted by the recruiter. She was very upbeat, energetic and very transparent about the whole process following our interview.

I was interviewed by two district managers a week later. The two district managers I interviewed with were very passionate about the company and both had great career growth stories to share.

After that interview, I was told I would need to interview with the regional director. There was a bit of a delay with that appointment but the recruiter reached out to me and explained what was going on and why it was taking so long.

I finally did have an interview with a district manager who was filling in for the regional director while she was out on vacation. This district manager was much like the others I spoke to. Had passion for the company and was able to relate to my background.

During this whole process, I will say that everyone was very kind, passionate and transparent. Very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple tasks in a busy environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Maumelle, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email about a week after applying. Initial screening interview was done by the regional recruiter. Initial interview lasted and hour and was much more in depth than I expected. A second (panel) interview was scheduled with regionals.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to choose between addressing a customer issue or a staff issue?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handled a substantial P&L loss and what steps you put into place to prevent it from happening again   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Open ended questions. S T A R interview process. Situation, Task, Action, Results. Phone interview, 2 person panel that interview you. They stick to the script. Call back 2nd interview. Offer drug screen and background checks.

Interview Questions

• How do you delegate, what kind of coworkers do you like to work with. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairmont, WV).

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable from a recruiter over the phone, then a Web 'zoom' interview. Then was followed by 3 more Web interviews by District Managers. All the interviews were challenging, yet very good experiences of getting to know me. I also felt that they described the workingredients culture very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I have had on phone based interview for this position and the recruiter I spoke to was very knowledgable about prior military service, especially one who has been in a managerial/leadership position. The recruiter needed to get with the district manager to determine a need in a store in my area. I am waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• How did you evaluate employees to develop training materials?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Orange, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Excellent. Very professional process.Starbucks Virtual Job Tryout is very helpful to see if you have what it takes to follow their way of handling staff and superior guest service. Their hiring process is detailed before you even set up an interview with a regional manager or district manager.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage team members during a high peak time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Took and hour and 45 minutes. The interview started with a, "tell me about yourself." The next questions were based on, "tell me about a time..." The interview was conducted with two district managers. Some of the questions seemed to be repetative in nature, although none of the questions were too difficult to answer. It was clear that one district manager was more experienced than the other.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone that was difficult to get along with? Tell me about a time when you you couldn't get something done by the required deadline?   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Responded to an job posting online, and submitted resume. Was asked to attend an panel interview (4 interviewers and 8 interviewees). The first interview lasted an hour and a half, with about twenty questions. Each of us raised our hands, and were called upon one by one to answer the questions. I was called the next day to schedule a second interview, this time, one on one with on of the interviewers. This was a more relax environment, lasting about an hour, asking about twenty more questions. Two business days later, I received a call and was placed an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They made a first offer, which I was pleased with an I accepted.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted a resume online then completed a questionnaire online. I received an email within a few days telling me that I was selected to take an employment assessment . Apparently I did not pass the assessment. I have quite a bit of retail management experience. But, I was unable to transfer my knowledge to the test. The company is going to miss out on great candidates if the test is the final factor for choosing candidates . I received an email thanking me for my time the day assess note the assessment .

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted on LinkedIn. Set up with a phone interview. Then one on one interview with District Manager. Next offered to talk with Regional Director, however I declined due to accepting a job offer with another company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was someone you had trouble communicating with   1 Answer