Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.9

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Easy to follow, the recruiter was nice. I really enjoyed the process. I was offered the job and I accepted. I was really hoping to work for this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially, I had a Store Manager referral but, it was a pretty clean interview process:
    1. Recruiter (booked interview time on-line); a week later phone convo with Recruiter
    2. Regional Manager (one week later after Recruiter; in-person at Starbucks)
    3. Regional Director (day after Reg. Director; over the phone)
    4. Recruiter called same-day with offer contingent upon background, education and criminal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denham Springs, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a recruiter. I felt really positive about the experience, and it led to me getting scheduled for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team member that you developed, and what was the result   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dayton, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter initially. Providing that call goes well you are referred to the scheduler to then meet with District Manager. The third stage involves a verbal offer and a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

had initial phone interview, scheduled interview after with 3 district manager. Took 2 weeks to get to the panel interview. Had three people asking questions for about an hour, didn't call back after interview, to decline offer or send email.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Received email to setup a phone interview. Interview went very well. The recruiter notified me that I should here back by the end of the week, but if not to please get in touch with him by Wednesday of the following week. By Wednesday, I still did not hear anything from him so I emailed and called him. Two weeks later and still no response.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR type interview questions. Some questions on volume and P&L.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me too set up a phone interview . No one never called me so I called and left a voice / email. The person is 10 min late too the phone interview .

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email to choose a time to interview with a recruiter. She called me promptly at my chosen time and was super sweet and bubbly. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. After that, I had an in person interview with 2 DMs and had an offer by the end of that week. The whole process from email to offer took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a lot on your plate. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was internal, so the process was different. You have to go to panel interviews repeatedly until you've told the district managers what they want to hear, in the same wording they want to hear. If you say the right answer, but your wording was off, you won't get the promotion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the actions you took were not successful in resolving the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Warning: DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT WHITE
    I arrived at the district office about 20 minutes before my scheduled interview. My name wasn't on the list in the lobby; though I had an email confirming my appointed time. Patiently waited as the receptionist called the starbucks office...time just ticking away. I finally was able to get re-confirmation of my scheduled interview (after about 15 minutes after, mind you) and was allowed up. I worried that I would appear unprofessional for arriving late, although it wasn't my fault, but I digress. I get upstairs, I am instantly greeted by the friendliest receptionist ever, I sign in, and wait.
    I am informed that my interviewers are not at the office, when suddenly one of them walks in. I am greeted by pure pretentiousness, but I don't pay it any mind. I sit and wait...and wait...and wait some more. Its 30 minutes passed my interview time, and I'm growing suspicious of the oh so wonderful Starbucks. Finally I am whisked away for the interview. It was very hasty and seemed like they were not prepared to interview someone. We began with a series of STAR questions, they were easy to answer, but I couldn't help but notice one of the interviewers was constantly checking their watch, as if they were late for something. I understand they are busy professionals, but it was rude. I felt rushed when answering the questions, and I didn't feel as if they truly listened to my answers. My recruiter was fun and excited about working at Starbucks, but these people were very dull and lifeless. There was a point during the interview where one of them tried being talking me out of wanting to even work there. He made it sound like, although I had good experience, I was wasting my time talking to them. To be completely honest, I think the reason why the interview was so miserable was because I didn't fit the description of what they were looking for. Though they preach about how the Starbucks Mission Statement and Values are what they live by, that is not the case. Again, if you're not white, don't even bother with this place.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions, mostly. A lot of questions were very similar, but worded differently.
      They will give you a scenario, and you have to tell them how it is you would or have solved it in the past. Ex: "Tell me about a time where as a manager you had to make a big negative change without flipping the switch on everyone so suddenly. Don't say that you fired someone or anything like that."   Answer Question