Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Received email to setup a phone interview. Interview went very well. The recruiter notified me that I should here back by the end of the week, but if not to please get in touch with him by Wednesday of the following week. By Wednesday, I still did not hear anything from him so I emailed and called him. Two weeks later and still no response.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR type interview questions. Some questions on volume and P&L.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me too set up a phone interview . No one never called me so I called and left a voice / email. The person is 10 min late too the phone interview .

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I was internal, so the process was different. You have to go to panel interviews repeatedly until you've told the district managers what they want to hear, in the same wording they want to hear. If you say the right answer, but your wording was off, you won't get the promotion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the actions you took were not successful in resolving the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Warning: DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT WHITE
    I arrived at the district office about 20 minutes before my scheduled interview. My name wasn't on the list in the lobby; though I had an email confirming my appointed time. Patiently waited as the receptionist called the starbucks office...time just ticking away. I finally was able to get re-confirmation of my scheduled interview (after about 15 minutes after, mind you) and was allowed up. I worried that I would appear unprofessional for arriving late, although it wasn't my fault, but I digress. I get upstairs, I am instantly greeted by the friendliest receptionist ever, I sign in, and wait.
    I am informed that my interviewers are not at the office, when suddenly one of them walks in. I am greeted by pure pretentiousness, but I don't pay it any mind. I sit and wait...and wait...and wait some more. Its 30 minutes passed my interview time, and I'm growing suspicious of the oh so wonderful Starbucks. Finally I am whisked away for the interview. It was very hasty and seemed like they were not prepared to interview someone. We began with a series of STAR questions, they were easy to answer, but I couldn't help but notice one of the interviewers was constantly checking their watch, as if they were late for something. I understand they are busy professionals, but it was rude. I felt rushed when answering the questions, and I didn't feel as if they truly listened to my answers. My recruiter was fun and excited about working at Starbucks, but these people were very dull and lifeless. There was a point during the interview where one of them tried being talking me out of wanting to even work there. He made it sound like, although I had good experience, I was wasting my time talking to them. To be completely honest, I think the reason why the interview was so miserable was because I didn't fit the description of what they were looking for. Though they preach about how the Starbucks Mission Statement and Values are what they live by, that is not the case. Again, if you're not white, don't even bother with this place.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions, mostly. A lot of questions were very similar, but worded differently.
      They will give you a scenario, and you have to tell them how it is you would or have solved it in the past. Ex: "Tell me about a time where as a manager you had to make a big negative change without flipping the switch on everyone so suddenly. Don't say that you fired someone or anything like that."
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email regarding the date of the phone interview and then received a phone interview. The process was very non personal. I am not sure what else so say but to move forward with your process, I have to have 30 words

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The DM was late for the interview because she was meeting a man in the location. I observed her hugging him, visibly upset. Then she had me fill out some essay questions on paper. I asked about basic expectations like what stores should comp YOY, and she couldn't answer. She didnt seem to know much. Very odd experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being a working manager... A couple hrs a week to schedule, otherwise working on the floor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Fast turnaround time! Good interview questions mostly based on situational and how you would respond in that scenario. Also they asked many questions on how you would develop your teams skills and how would you drive your business. The interview process is exactly how it was outlined on their careers website. I was interviewed by 2 District Managers as a panel and our interaction was very easy and fluid.

Interview Questions

• Describe what your direct reports say about your leadership style? What was the most recent feedback you received?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dayton, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application, they requested a resume, I sent the resume and then a recruiter called and scheduled a telephone interview and was sent an email saying " the decision has been made to not move you forward in the process." So I did not get a face to face interview based on a phone interview with a recruiter who wasn't located anywhere near the area and didn't know which store she was interviewing for or anything about the area she was hiring for, also she didn't have my resume in front of her at the beginning of the call and seemed distracted and disinterested in me from the beginning, I was prepared to answer behavioral based questions but was not asked any. I kind of felt like maybe I wasn't young enough for the job, at least that's the feeling I got

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the Starbuck's website. The first step of the process was and interview with a recruiter over the phone. The second step is an interview with two district managers. There was a week or so between each step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calhoun, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Calhoun, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, they emailed me saying they wanted to go further with an online assessment after I filled out an app online. Then a recruiter called me and said I had a "very impressive resume" and would like to schedule a phone interview with me. Phone interview went well and turned into a face to face with 2 district managers at a store that was over an hour away from me. I thought it went really well. It was only supposed to last an hour, ended up lasting 2. They kept telling me how much I would love to be leaving at 2pm for the day, instead of when I leave now to go home with my current job (anywhere from 3-5am as a restaurant manager). They told me about the vacation, 401k, asked a lot of questions, and even gave me their cards if I had any questions. Alllllll of that, just for the recruiter to call me 3 days later and said that they thought I wasn't a "good fit" IN A VOICEMAIL. When I called back to ask what their reasoning was, she just repeated herself again with the "not a good fit" bit and refused to answer my question. But then rushed me off the phone. I have no clue what happened and I thought the whole thing was rather strange.