Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online a recruiter called me shortly after for an interview, it goes very well. She sets me up with an interview with 2 DM's ends up being 3. I show up early to buy myself a drink , situate myself. The first interviewer see me tells me to relax instead of introducing himself first (I am entirely calm) just waiting for my interview to begin . Minutes after my interview should have begin the next interviewer arrives situates herself and finally after 25 minutes it begins they introduce themselves for most of the interview told me about there backgrounds and I did the same. For some reason they continuously asked me why starbucks. I insisted our values align, I enjoy the environment and that its an environment I feel I could thrive. I feel they were very apprehensive about me it was quite strange I was very clearly qualified for the role but it was so obvious they were looking for robotic answers (the answers are incredibly easy btw) and I was very transparent and real and perhaps it was too much for them. I found the people I interviewed with to be very lackadaisical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Easy to follow, the recruiter was nice. I really enjoyed the process. I was offered the job and I accepted. I was really hoping to work for this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

I was sought out by a recruiter via an online job board that I had my resume on. The recruiter gave me a call in follow up to an email she sent me and the process went pretty fast from there. Within the course of about 3 weeks (would’ve been quicker, but I am a retail manager currently and this was around Black Friday week) the whole process was over. I was interviewed by the recruiter and 2 district managers. They types of questions are the “tell me about a time...” star interviewing questions and they are pretty straight forward. Be prepared to tell them about what drinks you like at Starbucks! In the end I was offered the job, however, without working for the company prior I was offered an Assistant Manager position interim until I was well versed in the the “Starbucks way.” I wasn’t looking for a lateral move on my resume and the pay was much less than I was currently making in my big box retail environment. Overall if money was no object I feel I would’ve accepted. Great company and great people!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially, I had a Store Manager referral but, it was a pretty clean interview process:
    1. Recruiter (booked interview time on-line); a week later phone convo with Recruiter
    2. Regional Manager (one week later after Recruiter; in-person at Starbucks)
    3. Regional Director (day after Reg. Director; over the phone)
    4. Recruiter called same-day with offer contingent upon background, education and criminal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Denham Springs, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a recruiter. I felt really positive about the experience, and it led to me getting scheduled for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team member that you developed, and what was the result   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dayton, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter initially. Providing that call goes well you are referred to the scheduler to then meet with District Manager. The third stage involves a verbal offer and a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

had initial phone interview, scheduled interview after with 3 district manager. Took 2 weeks to get to the panel interview. Had three people asking questions for about an hour, didn't call back after interview, to decline offer or send email.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Received email to setup a phone interview. Interview went very well. The recruiter notified me that I should here back by the end of the week, but if not to please get in touch with him by Wednesday of the following week. By Wednesday, I still did not hear anything from him so I emailed and called him. Two weeks later and still no response.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR type interview questions. Some questions on volume and P&L.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me too set up a phone interview . No one never called me so I called and left a voice / email. The person is 10 min late too the phone interview .

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email to choose a time to interview with a recruiter. She called me promptly at my chosen time and was super sweet and bubbly. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. After that, I had an in person interview with 2 DMs and had an offer by the end of that week. The whole process from email to offer took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a lot on your plate. How did you handle it?   Answer Question