Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online multiple times and did not hear from anyone. I finally contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn and expressed my sincere desire to work at Starbucks. He put me into contact with another recruiter who finally fulled my application(s) and started the process. There was an online scenario part to the application on how you would coach and handle situations. The recruiter set up a 30-40 min phone interview. He put me at ease and asked me about myself. The recruiter I had was very funny and personable. I was contacted about a week later and told I had passed the initial conversation and would be meeting with a few district managers. I met them in a cafe location and for about an hour they asked me STAR/CAR scenario questions. They were very nice and friendly, they took a lot of notes. Be very specific in answering, ensure your answers are STAR/CAR responses. I was contacted 2 weeks later by the recruiter and offered a position. The salary offer was very generous, and more than what I had read online. I thought starbucks had a hard rule on salary caps, but there IS some wiggle room depending on where you live.

Not that I had anything to hide, but on the background check they are very generous for past discretion. The only automatic disqualifies are very recent things (within the last few months) and anything violence related. Starbucks has one of the most generous background processes out of almost all corporate places. The CEO Howard Schultz actually lobbied to have the "Felony/misdemeanor" box taken off applications.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about instituting change? How is your experience in P&L? Walk us through a typical day at your current job. Tell me about a time in which you had a disagreement with one of your employees. Tell us about your background regarding training others.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter/ Group Interview with 4 Dm's--Then an interview over the phone with the Regional Director /--then an offer was made after all of the interviews. the process was straight forward and a positive experience. Research the company and explain in detail your past experiences.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, discuss background and experience. Face to face with a district manager in a store. Standard behavioral based interview using the SARI method of interviewing. Hiring managers looking for upbeat personalities, demonstrated success in leadership and someone who can carry the banner of the company's values.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you had to deal with a frustrating or stressful situation at work at how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an interview with 3 store managers and 1 district manager. The interview went well and felt like a conversation. The panel was very nice and showed a high level of enthusiasm about the company. I can tell that they really wanted to be on that panel. It was a very good experience.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I did a short interview with the HR rep and then was scheduled to do a interview with the 2 district managers at a local Starbucks store. I arrived 20 minutes early and waited 20 minutes but neither one of them showed or called the store ahead. After talking with a barista they were unable to make it and had to reschedule.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

It was an internal interview. After a year of being an assistant manager I interviewed for the store manager position. It was with 3 district managers and more of a conversation with them guiding the process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Columbia, SC).

Interview

it was great. the dm that interviewed me sat down with a blank piece of paper and a pen and we just had a conversation for an hour. He jotted down things here and there, but it wasn't intimidating at all.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The process was fairly straight forward. I had two interviews, one with a panel of Recruiters and District Managers, then one-on-one with a District Manager. Almost all the panel questions where about culture and work ethics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you have learned about yourself in past year that you think makes you a better person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on line through a hiring website. I was contacted that same day by a recruiter for a 30 minute phone interview. I had to take a 30-45 minute skills test before setting up a 45-60 minute in-person interview with 2 district managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two associates who do not get along?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, did initial screen, liked me, scheduled a 1-2 hour meeting with two DMs. I got a call 2-3 days after the meeting and was offered the job. They did a background check. I accepted job.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation framed with questions that they wanted answered in specific ways (that they outlined at the front of the interview).   Answer Question