Starbucks Interview Questions in Texas | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Texas

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went in to the store and asked for the manager, I was offer a free cup of my favorite coffee and had to wait for a good 30 or so minutes (applied during holiday). After the wait I met with the store manager and also the assistant store manager and we had a great chat. The interview consist of some scenario questions and your typical interview question. I'd highly suggest looking up starbucks value and mission and also looking through some reddit and other thread to learn what it's like the be there it will help a bunch!

Interview Questions

• If hired, what can you bring to my team?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me too set up a phone interview . No one never called me so I called and left a voice / email. The person is 10 min late too the phone interview .

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager welcomed me warmly and sat down with me while looking the resume I had submitted, asking a few questions about myself and the reason I chose this specific company and this job. We then chatted some more and he told me they are going to run a background check on me.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly. Free drink during interview. Basic "what would you do" or "how did you handle" questions. I dressed appropriately and still have my earrings and tattoos and they agreed they were all tasteful and welcome as self expression. Seems they care about their employees and want them to stand out while still being corporate. Offered the job, now just waiting for background check so I can start working.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Mostly ridiculous "situational" questions that do not apply to the job! There were several questions.. that were inappropriate and not necessary as well. Also, do not get a current BDM to conduct an interview. I think 5+ interviews is a bit much for this position and after 5 interviews I still did not know what a "day in the life" looked like!

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Short and sweet interview. Went over benefits, pay and availability. Manager was mostly concerned with my times available as they have difficulties finding weekend help and covering odd shifts throughout the week.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application to 5 stores online in the morning, and one store manager called me an hour later to set up an interview for later on in the week. When I went in for my interview (10 mins early) I asked for the manager, introduced myself, got a free drink and sat down and waited for him to have a moment to interview me. I waited maybe 15 minutes and spent the time watching the baristas make drinks/stock items and observe everything. I brought a copy of my resume and gave it to the manager to look over before we started the interview. It was a laid back interview, I felt comfortable answering questions and listening to information about the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think good customer service is? Explain a time when you received good customer service.   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks? Why did you apply to work with this company?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I sat down at a table in the corner with the store manager, where we had about a 30 minute interview. The interview was kind of different, you answered all the questions in story form. He would ask a question about some experience you dealt with or worked through, and you just told them a story about a time you did so. It sounds easy, but for some reason I struggled with some of them. I, along with two other people were hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a bad customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Temple, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied multiple times for a barista position at Starbucks and never received a call. Then last week I saw a ad on indeed and applied to 5 stores in my area. I received a call a few days later to come in for a interview with the store manger. She asked behavioral questions from a packet and offered me a free drink. Once the interview was over she asked if I had any questions I asked her how busy the stores were and what a typical day as a barista looked like. She loved me and said she would run a background check on me,and that it would take 4-5 days and she could schedule me for training next week!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you helped a fellow employer   Answer Question
    • What was it like to work at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Why didn't you return to your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Think of your favorite non-Starbucks product and try to sell it to me   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you received bad customer service. Would you go back to that place and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked with a team. What was your accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since my area pays really well for any fast food or customer service job. So I figure I'll start at 10$ a hour

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied directly through their website, which also supplies interview tips. I was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a 30-minute interview over the phone. The interview was much like what you will experience with the manager(s), asking questions about your past employment that you specifically mentioned on your resume. The conversation was pleasant and positive, but there were some challenges in the situational questioning as expected. After the phone conversation, she contacted a regional manager to see if there was a location available that was closer to where I lived, and scheduled an interview with the regional manager at the location where I was to train/manage.

I did my research on SBUX (mission statement, values, stock performance, history) and its competition to show that I really cared about the company and its success. I arrived 15 minutes early, dressed in business professional (suit/tie) with 2 copies of my resume on quality paper that I kept in a folio. From my research, I knew to wait for the interviewer to arrive to get coffee, as it would be part of the conversation. He arrived on-time and pulled out a laptop to take notes and review my resume (nobody appreciates good paper anymore), and the interview was very personable and relaxed. We already had a lot in common since we were both veterans, and we related a lot of those experiences to managing a retail store and personnel. We spoke at length about where I had lived, who/what I managed, and he asked several situational questions, and I provided as much detail as possible. Basically, be a good story-teller. Nobody wants to listen to boring stories, and definitely close-out the stories with how they apply to the question the interviewer asked.

After our long conversation, we discussed salary requirements (on my part), and I was given the opportunity to ask questions of him. ASK ABOUT COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT! We shook hands, and he said he would let my recruiter know that he enjoyed our conversation and that he'd like to have me aboard. The rest of the logistics are handled by the recruiter to schedule start-dates, background checks, et cetera.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you developed a positive working relationship with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter said that the salary would be approximately $36,000. The manager asked my salary requirement, and I mentioned that I was making $76,000 when I was active military, and that I knew the range to be approximately $36,000. He said he was sure he could get me something better, and he did.