Starbucks Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.4

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I went for a job fair for a new store they were building nearby. I approached the organizer of the event and she asked me a couple of questions about my resume, experience (especially customer service) and why Starbucks. Afterwards, they sent me over to another interviewer just to make sure I was a good fit for the company. Overall, I had a positive experience as the employees working were super accommodating even if it did get busy and the interviewers were very friendly as well. The interviewers were really easy-going so it was simple to stay calm during interviews and to be yourself.

Application

Interview

I applied bunch on their career site, and within a week I got an email from their recruiting team and asked me to go to their hiring event. Filled out some forms, your availability, which area you willing to work, etc. There were around 10 managers from different Starbucks location at the hiring event as your interviewer. My interviewer was very easy, some simple questions, and then they are telling you if you are hired or not right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

It took around 3 days after applying online. The store manager was really nice. She first called me to ask some basic information and then scheduled an interview with me. I went to the store on the next day. The interview was around 30 mins, just some casual talk as well as answering questions. It was overall a great experience and i cannot wait to start my journey at Starbucks.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

it was brief, I know instantly that the manager is looking for someone who's friendly and easy to smile kind of person. He stated that he's looking for someone who's available for at least 18 hours a week and after three months he can add up the hours up until 20-30. He said most of the barista is working at two stores in order to maintain their hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you know Starbucks mission statements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A brief phone call that asked me to arrange a date for an interview while throwing me a fast ball, why work at starbucks, why starbucks.

The interview was very quick but unsatisfying. Given random questions about related experience but not bothering to note anything while being asked. worst was that the manager said you'll be inform next week after all those they were interviewing were done.

took only 5 mins before i received an email saying you were rejected. I find that these store managers for the three starbucks in the area really know how to put on an act for the company. Not to mention the staff i see at this place are always the same, so it feels a bit unpleasing that starbucks even wastes peoples time and give them false hope.

Called back and was told the manager was on the floor atm, odd seeing how she said she was interviewing for another two hours... til 6...

Interview Questions

• Why starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had any experience with dealing with a complaint?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work with others, tell me of a time you disagreed and how it turned out/   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online, took about a month to get a call for an interview.
    I did not get any drink when they asked
    all the interview question was about describing your previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• - tell about yourself
      - tell an experience when you had a bad customer service
      - tell the time when you worked as a team and what you achieved
      - what did you do when you see your coworker was doing something wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was really casual, more like a conversation. It was really personality-based, rather than merits, they really want to get to know the person. We only briefly looked at my previous experience or education, and I talked a little bit about my experience but that was about it. He was really interested in my thoughts on Starbucks, and encouraged me to ask as many questions as possible about it.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The store manager asked a lot of questions, more focused on the individual instead of skills. More people focused, so you be prepared to talk about who you are, rather than the job. Also, they do double interviews - thus, be prepared to be interview twice at another store.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Didn't call on the scheduled time but she called 30 min later when I was already busy. From the emphasis put on rate I gathered the pay is not competitive. Also she booked the next call during the call but then disappeared without any notice. Lied to me that they develop website and app in-house when in fact they've been developed by 3rd parties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was very laid back and kind of casual. The interviewer just asked basic questions about myself and also asked me to explain situations that I have experienced, similar to working there.