Starbucks Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The store manager asked a lot of questions, more focused on the individual instead of skills. More people focused, so you be prepared to talk about who you are, rather than the job. Also, they do double interviews - thus, be prepared to be interview twice at another store.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Didn't call on the scheduled time but she called 30 min later when I was already busy. From the emphasis put on rate I gathered the pay is not competitive. Also she booked the next call during the call but then disappeared without any notice. Lied to me that they develop website and app in-house when in fact they've been developed by 3rd parties.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very normal interview with regular questions and no tricks. The entire interview took about 30 minutes to complete because I got hired on the spot. I would suggest to know the company well, and try to state their mission statement in one of your answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly plain, didn't even want to look at my resume I offered while talking to me as they only called me up after a month of me applying online versus the resume i gave her a month ago during the screening. How did I know? Well I had two different phone numbers for the job fair and online application with voicemail.

Anyways, had pre-set questions and she was making comments on the side. That was like only 2 seconds before slamming a question after my answer. All questions were mainly situational mixed with behavioral ones. Although she was using the 'same' sheets as for the previous interview candidates, her questions were all different. Might as well bring blank sheets of paper.

Afterwards was a question answer moment of me about their company. Fairly back and forth, it became a reverse interview and gosh, it was like I was the employer asking a potential employee how much they know about the company. Not to mention boasting her own employees abilities every so often when I asked examples of situations. I'm not a reporter writing an article about you and your staff... I want to get hired, not feel envious about others.

At the end, I was told it would be reviewed after 'all' the interviews were done the end of the week and should expect a follow up call for potential hires the next week. If not heard by then, then that's a no-go. Not to mention I was applying for both part time and full time but the only availability were like one or two days, and only long term staff gets full time hours. So why was she hiring in the first place when she can give her 'part timers' more hours after complaining about not being able to spend too much on hiring. What?

What ticked me off in the end was that the interview lasted barely over ten minutes and less than ten minutes after I shook hands off to leave did I get an automatic e-mail shot to my phone from their automated talent system saying i was rejected for the position. Acting sly.

Really? Didn't even have the nerve to say it in my face, I didn't get the job. Didn't even bother to make a good excuse like 'we have someone more qualified for the position' though the fact that they boast 'no experience necessary' for equal employment opportunities. Saving too much face and the whole thing was such a farce for appearances.

Though it was only this particular store that did this. The other one was more direct and honest.

P.s. If I was a man, I'd like to question the sexism in her preferential choices for staff.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time you saw a co-worker do something they shouldn't have and what actions did you take in response to that?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous manager, co-worker or supervisors say about you?   Answer Question
    • What do you think a barista is/does?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a initial phone interview then a 1:1 interview with the store manager. The manager was very friendly and asked a few questions about my resume. Later on, she asked several behavioural questions relating to customer service; seemed to be following a certain outline provided by the company but overall the process was not stressful nor difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a negative customer service experience and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call within about 2.5 weeks. Interview scheduled the following day at 1 pm. Any free drink on the house, just go along with it and KNOW the basic Starbucks terminology(sizes&drinks) Waited 5 days for the call back. As promised, less than 6 days. Be very professional(punctual), serious, but happy and excited.

Interview Questions

• What did you ask for? I asked for a grande flat white.   1 Answer
    • How can your past experience help you with working here?   1 Answer
    • What's you're favorite thing to get here? Why do you like it?   1 Answer
    • What are is your time of availability?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

applied online and then went to the store to drop in and say hello/introduce myself to the store manager. She appreciated the gesture and offered an interview on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you had a different view than your team's? how did you go about managing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Behavioural based interview, which took 30 minutes in total.
    One to one meeting during a hiring event in one of a Starbucks located in the downtown.
    1 - a preview of customer care and hospitality experience.
    2 - describe situation during which you had to solve customer complaints, problem with a co-worker, teamwork goal, describe what is your personal weakness and how you are trying to improve it.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Got there, was welcomed by Starbucks personnel, got a drink off the house, was seated with the interviewer. Decent questions, fairly straight forward. Just do your homework, they expect you to know a lot about the company: it basically locks in an almost automatic offer if you know what you're going for. And smile.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online first, but decided to drop off my resume in store after a week without receiving any response. I got an interview on the spot. The interview was very casual and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you have accomplished and feel very proud of   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a position where you have to train/lead someone   Answer Question