Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

I was initially contacted by the recruiter and scheduled for a phone interview; the recruiter was a "no show" to the interview, so I followed up via email to find out if they wanted to reschedule. The next day, they replied that they were very busy, apologized, and we rescheduled for the following day. When we did end up talking, it was a brief conversation in which they did most of the talking and asked me one or two questions. At the end of our conversation, I was told that they would like to set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took place several days later. The hiring manager indicated they'd like me to come in for an in-person interview, but the hiring process is very slow at Starbucks so it could be several weeks before I heard back from anyone to set something up. About a month later, I got an email from a recruiting assistant asking me when I could interview; we set something up for a few weeks later. I met with 9 people over 6 interviews. About a month and a half later, the recruiter sent me an email and asked me when I would be available for a phone call. We set up a time, and again, they were a no-show. I emailed them back, we set up another call for the next day, and they indicated that I should be expecting an offer. I said thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working on a team where there are conflicts?   Answer Question

In the time it took between my initial phone interview with the recruiter to the offer, I had interviewed with another company, received an offer, and relocated to another state. Not to mention, any company that employs recruiters - senior recruiters at that - who don't consider me worth showing up for a scheduled phone interview, twice, is not a company I want to work for.