Starbucks Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.2

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online using Indeed and after a couple of days, i get a phone call from the hiring manager. The interview itself was quite easy to average. I was given first a coffee and had to complete an application form before having chatted with the manager and another barista. First three questions were more personal and generic but afterwards, every query was mostly based on customer service. Whatever you do, DO NOT STOP TALKING.

Just remember to be yourself and plan things out beforehand. There's a lot of competition and you definitely need to stand out.

And oh, be spontaneous

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Awful. I walked out if it knowing I didn't get it, I felt I got the role but wasn't excited. I was given a sheet with statements e.g. "I am a ____ person" and how relevant/"like me" it was, I was then asked to give examples and prove it, really formal and not much conversation. I then had a trial shift, did some cleaning and made one of each drink (latte, late white, cappuccino).

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Andrews, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Saint Andrews, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well, was asked to come in for a trial which was basically 4 hours of unpaid labour for me to clean up everyone else's mess. One of the managers was nasty to the full time employees and the other employees were talking about each other and the other manager behind her back. Not a nice atmosphere, and not a good trial.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

During the interview you had to do a quiz on which thing was most or least like you, once these questions were completed they then used them again to ask you about your experiences to each question. This is a chance to talk about any good things you've done in previous retail experience however the manager who interviewed me was easily fed up and then gave up on the questions. After this you do On the Job Experience where you clean up for the company for an hour, hand out samples, drinks ect. However as positive as I found the overall interview I was then told despite how successful I was that 'I didn't have enough experience' and that they had tried to call me when they hadn't.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

They had an interview paper with 12 questions. After I handed in CV, it took a couple of years to arrange the interview. It seems like a very busy shop especially in the morning.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was given a sheet asking to rate from 1 to 5 how true each statement was about me, and after filling the sheet out, I met with two very friendly people who asked me to give examples to back up my answers. I also had to fill out an application which just asked basic information as well as why I'd love to work at Starbucks, my favourite Starbucks drink and why etc.

Interview Questions

• Statements included stuff like: "I am great at working as part of a team", "I always put 100% effort into everything I try", "If a team member is dragging the team down, I would try and motivate them" etc.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Informal Interview
    Talked about the company and what will do a on a day to day.
    Basic questions such as strengths and weakness
    Interviewer had a tick sheet that they mark off
    Lasted between 20-30 minutes
    Interview was in the back store room

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended an open day for a new store that was opening and was given an interview on the day. Fairly easy questions along with a personality quiz, nothing too difficult although you must be able to back up all of your answers. I received a phone call a few days later inviting me to an oje (on job experience interview). I spent one hour clearing tables and speaking to customers, one hour on the till taking orders and one hour making drinks. It took over a week for them to get back to me, I was offered a job but declined.

Interview Questions

The store I was asked to work in was too far away for me to commute daily

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London Colney, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (London Colney, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. The store manager sent an email a day later asking my availability, and invited me for an interview. When I attended the interview it was with the store manager and a shift supervisor. The questions were standard interview questions, and then I was invited for a 2 hour session working and giving out free samples to test customer skills. I attended that session 3 days later, and the store manager called me the day after and offered me the job.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I was asked about my previous job and about my skills. I was there for about 30 minutes but most of these time the man told me about the company and benefits, which we will get.

Interview Questions

• - Previous experience ?
      - how will I deal with an angry client or a frustrated customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

just be yourself