Starbucks Interview Questions in Virginia | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Virginia

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks. During the interview, the manager asked me a direct question about my date of birth and when I told her the date she replied: "you are very adult" and at that time I knew I would be eliminated from the hiring list. They promised to call me back within few days but I never heard from them. I am not so familiar with the law in US because I am a refugee and what encouraged me to apply for the job is the promise of Starbucks CEO to hire 10000 refugees in the next 5 years. I really feel bad and disappointed because of this kind of discrimination.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Met with two district managers at different locations on separate occasions. Participated in coffee tasting, and engaged in behavioral type interview. "Describe a time when... and what did you do?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applies online to several locations. Heard nothing back. Started calling locations that I had applied to and spoke to hiring managers who all explained they were fully staffed, but one manager did encourage me to call another location which was actively hiring. Called and spoke to that hiring manager who explained she passed over my application due to my availability. Explained to her that my availability would be opening up in two weeks when school ended. She then took another look, asked a few questions, and we scheduled and interview for two days later. Arrived at the interview and was offered a free drink, the interview was probably one of the easiest i've ever been to! Very casual, and conversational. We went over the availibiltiy and I asked a few questions about how she became a coffee master and things of that nature! Which she seemed to love. She told me I would be a great fit, told me she would submit the backround check and give me a call to start my first shift when she heard back. Interviewed that Friday, Got the call the following Monday to come in, fill out paper work, receive apron, hat, packet and ect.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Applied. Called back within week to follow-up. Offered interview because the manager was impressed with my follow-up. Went in for the interview which only took an half hour, and then I called back afterwards (two or three days later) to follow-up. You need Starbucks more than they need you.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

After submitting an online application I sat down with a Store Manager and had a 15 minute conversation about my goals, why I want to work for the company, and what I could bring to the company. Quick and easy since they were trying to hire to prepare for the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that you believe would be well suited to being a Barista?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Get a call with in a day for interview. Pretty lay back and I have arrive on time but have to wait for the manager. The interview is pretty straight forward. And is a short interview

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • How you working at Starbucks will help you with the career growth and how you can help Starbucks?   Answer Question

The pay is low, and the offer is not that attractive.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was super informal but I'm a good way. They really just want to have a good conversation with you to see where you fit best because every starbucks has a slightly different client base. It took about two weeks and training was about 10 days. Definitely a great company to work for who care about their employees!

Interview Questions

• How to resolve a problem with a customer when it is not your fault?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions and getting to know you as a person will take place. I personally went through two managers and had two separate interviews. They both were pretty much the same thing just I guess two people getting different points of view on you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Work history?
      How would you handle certain situations?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called about the job shortly after I applied and asked to come in for an interview with the store manager. The interview was strange, but very easy, and I was super nervous, but I ended up getting the job after my background check came back clear. The store manager was very casual and I am not sure he cared much who he hired because he was shortly fired after I was hired. I heard from other employees he was lazy and generally disliked and did not hold up Starbucks policies. I think I may have gotten lucky, or possibly it was my previous food service experience that helped me to get the job because the interview was very easy and didn't seem to be much of a determining factor.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me seemingly random questions such as "What's your favorite color?" and "Why are manholes round instead of square?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The overall experience was good, the hiring manager was very nice and friendly. I came 10 minutes early so they gave me a free beverage while I waited. Once the interview started it was mostly personality based questions and situational questions. "What would you do in ...."and after the questions she just asked if I knew the job description and such. I was then scheduled for another interview with the store manager.