Starbucks Interview Questions in Virginia | Glassdoor

2.2

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Richmond, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Starbucks recruiter after a job posting on an online job board. I had a phone interview with her which I thought went very well. I then had a phone interview with the regional manager and an HR person. All of the questions were behavioral type questions. Basically nothing on previous work experience. They did warn up front that there would be dead times during the interview as they wrote notes. Yes there where and that was a little weird. I did my due diligence and studied on how to answer STAR questions. Since the recruiter was the point person, I followed up with her on next steps. She told me they decided to go with another candidate. I asked for feedback for improvement. She stated that the only comment was that they wanted someone with more multi-unit experience. I have 13 years in the coffee business with 4 years multi-unit experience (12 units). The job description stated 5 years with 3 or more units. I hope they had an internal candidate with experience or someone with a lot more multi-unit experience. It's sounds like Starbucks would be a good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Springfield, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

The manager was so nice, super friendly. The first thing she asked me was my availability. Then she described all the work I’m supposed to do. She emphasized that it is super easy in the early morning. And everyone has to come really early to get all the job done before the customer comes. She also asked about my studying and when I plan to graduate from college. She explained to me that everyone work in SB has to do the cleaning job. And she asked if I can do that. Then she gave me the New Partner Kit and told me to do the background check at home. Thats when I know that I passed the interview. It was just about 30 minutes.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I filled out an application online for a Starbucks that I knew was hiding nearby. Two weeks later, I receive a phone call from the Store Manager wanting to schedule an interview. I came in and sat with her for half an hour discussing my availability and the certain standpoint of the store. After the interview, she proceeded to perform a background check on me that took three days. I called her consistently to make sure my application was active & moving forward. After about a week of the interview and background check, I started training.

Tips for "What to Wear!"
    · The store manager really wants to see you fit the role of a Barista!
    · Wear black! You don't need to dress like you are attending a funeral but the previous dress code for Baristas at SBUX was solely Black casual/semi-professional clothing.
    · Females,  Stick to something simple, a black/dark/earthy tone blouse and some black jeans for a female would work!
    · Males, Wear a black/dark/earthy tone short sleeve button up and a pair of khakis!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Starbucks as a company?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Interview

Filled out application . I then called for an interview. Went on my interview and blurted out the mission statement and showed that I was available at any time. The manager was very impressed and told me that he would send the background check papers to my email . Still waiting on that email as we speak.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Herndon, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I would love to get hired because i am really nice attending people that walk in and out everyday from the place and I like attending people and working upfront as a cashier .

Interview Questions

• Had you had any experiences with cashiering and cleaning tables ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks. During the interview, the manager asked me a direct question about my date of birth and when I told her the date she replied: "you are very adult" and at that time I knew I would be eliminated from the hiring list. They promised to call me back within few days but I never heard from them. I am not so familiar with the law in US because I am a refugee and what encouraged me to apply for the job is the promise of Starbucks CEO to hire 10000 refugees in the next 5 years. I really feel bad and disappointed because of this kind of discrimination.

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy. Walked in and was asked when I could start and was given a run down of the store and duties. Then they offered me a free drink and asked i I had any questions. They offered me the posistion on the spot and i gladly accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ashburn, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked me about my life, what is important to me, what i like about starbucks, why i think their motto is important, my favorite coffee drink. There were two store managers to see where i would fit best. they shared all the benefits and history of starbucks, and why they love working there.

Interview Questions

• favorite coffee drink at starbucks   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Met with two district managers at different locations on separate occasions. Participated in coffee tasting, and engaged in behavioral type interview. "Describe a time when... and what did you do?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applies online to several locations. Heard nothing back. Started calling locations that I had applied to and spoke to hiring managers who all explained they were fully staffed, but one manager did encourage me to call another location which was actively hiring. Called and spoke to that hiring manager who explained she passed over my application due to my availability. Explained to her that my availability would be opening up in two weeks when school ended. She then took another look, asked a few questions, and we scheduled and interview for two days later. Arrived at the interview and was offered a free drink, the interview was probably one of the easiest i've ever been to! Very casual, and conversational. We went over the availibiltiy and I asked a few questions about how she became a coffee master and things of that nature! Which she seemed to love. She told me I would be a great fit, told me she would submit the backround check and give me a call to start my first shift when she heard back. Interviewed that Friday, Got the call the following Monday to come in, fill out paper work, receive apron, hat, packet and ect.