Starbucks Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.3

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Herndon, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I would love to get hired because i am really nice attending people that walk in and out everyday from the place and I like attending people and working upfront as a cashier .

Interview Questions

• Had you had any experiences with cashiering and cleaning tables ?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

-HR Screen
    -Telephone Interview (Sales)
    -Telephone Interview (BDM) x2
    -In person round table (4 people)

I emailed to follow up on the round table interviews after not hearing anything for three days. At the writing of this review it's been three weeks without even so much as a rejection email. This process was long, arduous and overly complicated. And then to not have any communication as to the outcome is very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a large potential opportunity in your area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks. During the interview, the manager asked me a direct question about my date of birth and when I told her the date she replied: "you are very adult" and at that time I knew I would be eliminated from the hiring list. They promised to call me back within few days but I never heard from them. I am not so familiar with the law in US because I am a refugee and what encouraged me to apply for the job is the promise of Starbucks CEO to hire 10000 refugees in the next 5 years. I really feel bad and disappointed because of this kind of discrimination.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Germantown, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I arrived and was greeted by the locations manager. She offered me a drink, which I said no to at first but then she insisted so I said alright. I asked for a Cascara Latte (my favorite) we sat down and she let me enjoy my drink for a bit, and she asked what why it's my favorite drink and what it tastes like. I described the drink well and she told me that it was a perfect description and that that would be the job of a barista, to be able to describe and recommend drinks. The process was very nice, she asked that I speak to some workers and to
    Hang out for a bit, the workers love it there. It was a very nice atmosphere to be in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where customer service was not good   1 Answer
    • Do you want a drink?   1 Answer
    • Why I'd like to work for Starbucks   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lusby, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was able to present my resume to the manager at the time, and it was a great experience. The atmosphere felt very humbling.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Someone sits you down and begins to ask you a series of questions mostly just brief and should not take long then asks if you have any questions for them then offers a free drink on your way out

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I have more than 6 years experience in customer service/retail and when I looked at the job description to the DM position seems a good fit since them want either 3 years of experience or a degree in business administration and I have both but it looks the competition is high and they left me a voicemail after a week from the phone interview saying they decided to move on with another candidate.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Airy, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Mount Airy, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Some canned questions that the Assistant Manager read from a pre-printed sheet ... the usual ... but what was so pleasant was that she was very casual, friendly and seemed to really care about getting a feel for what my personality is like. But what really impressed me was that I asked a question about benefits - do part timers receive them and how long would it take for them to kick in? The interviewer did not have the answer to this question, but she actually took the time to research, find the answer, and called me within 2 days to give me a very complete and detailed answer to my question. This really indicated to me that Starbucks encourages a culture in which employees' needs, questions, opinions are valued and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• The one question that stumped me for a few moments was: What have you had to change about yourself or your personality in order to be successful? (I am paraphrasing, can't remember how exactly this question was worded). I had to scramble a little to answer this one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ashburn, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked me about my life, what is important to me, what i like about starbucks, why i think their motto is important, my favorite coffee drink. There were two store managers to see where i would fit best. they shared all the benefits and history of starbucks, and why they love working there.

Interview Questions

• favorite coffee drink at starbucks   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Met with two district managers at different locations on separate occasions. Participated in coffee tasting, and engaged in behavioral type interview. "Describe a time when... and what did you do?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question