Starbucks Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

-HR Screen
    -Telephone Interview (Sales)
    -Telephone Interview (BDM) x2
    -In person round table (4 people)

I emailed to follow up on the round table interviews after not hearing anything for three days. At the writing of this review it's been three weeks without even so much as a rejection email. This process was long, arduous and overly complicated. And then to not have any communication as to the outcome is very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a large potential opportunity in your area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks. During the interview, the manager asked me a direct question about my date of birth and when I told her the date she replied: "you are very adult" and at that time I knew I would be eliminated from the hiring list. They promised to call me back within few days but I never heard from them. I am not so familiar with the law in US because I am a refugee and what encouraged me to apply for the job is the promise of Starbucks CEO to hire 10000 refugees in the next 5 years. I really feel bad and disappointed because of this kind of discrimination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lusby, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was able to present my resume to the manager at the time, and it was a great experience. The atmosphere felt very humbling.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I have more than 6 years experience in customer service/retail and when I looked at the job description to the DM position seems a good fit since them want either 3 years of experience or a degree in business administration and I have both but it looks the competition is high and they left me a voicemail after a week from the phone interview saying they decided to move on with another candidate.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fredericksburg, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

the process took atleast an hour. i was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, all are basic questions about working exp. and stuff, they also ask about previous experiences and how i deal with it.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Olney, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

It took me 3 years to be promoted to Assistant manager. failed 3 interviews by 6 different district managers who don't know your worth ethic or you. very nerve wracking. Once i got to assistant the training is short and horrible. I did not get to finish training i don't think. I was a manager with my own store for over a year and got a DM who failed my on my last interview and had to come back and tell me I was promoted after a "round table discussion". After this she had a vendetta. Never had write ups before this and she gave me 3 over a 6 month period and was terminated. I wrote howard shultz a letter and partner resources contacted me back. not Howard. I tried to fight for my job but even though I was there 7 years and believe I was wrongfully terminated they didn't care. I now have to find a new career at age 37. The interview process is ridiculous. Good luck if you want anything quickly.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions they make difficult. They want to hear how you got out of a tough situation. You may not have had one so you have to make up a situation just to answer the question. My store manager had to coach me on how to answer the questions with the "Starbuck's Lingo". Pretty ridiculous. If you thought you answered the questions perfectly. you didn't! You probably failed. They do not pass anyone on their first interview! remember "It's JUST coffee!"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

General what would you do questions read off a paper. Questions seemed very computerized and cookie cutter.Also the questions seemed very Manager did not seem to happy and did not bother to ask any questions about me or my work history. Overall you could tell that not even the employees wanted to be there.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

IT was really easy, they asked few questions. I really think it's based on who interviews and who is the manager. IT was really easy, they asked few questions. I really think it's based on who interviews and who is the manager. IT was really easy, they asked few questions. I really think it's based on who interviews and who is the manager.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

I went to my local starbucks and got an interview form. I was then called for my interview and it was very laid back. I shortly received an answer about my job and I was hired

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Stafford, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

Having never applied to a job in Government Contracting, this experience was a good start. Out of several hundred candidates I was chosen in a group of four individuals to interview. After the process, I came in second place. Unfortunately, the position was given to a current company employee because her contract had just been cut.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications for the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to work individually on a project without the need for continual supervision?   Answer Question