Starbucks Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Starbucks Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions and getting to know you as a person will take place. I personally went through two managers and had two separate interviews. They both were pretty much the same thing just I guess two people getting different points of view on you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Work history?
      How would you handle certain situations?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The overall experience was good, the hiring manager was very nice and friendly. I came 10 minutes early so they gave me a free beverage while I waited. Once the interview started it was mostly personality based questions and situational questions. "What would you do in ...."and after the questions she just asked if I knew the job description and such. I was then scheduled for another interview with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (North Bethesda, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online, you have to call the store and speak to the manager. The manager will let you know if they have any openings and ask you to come in for an interview. There is usually a second interview after that. General interview questions.They called me the next day to come in to do the paper work. the whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weakness, what makes a good barista, tell us about a bad work experience and how you handled it, etc. There were some role playing questions too, like, what would you do if a customer yells and disturbs the entire shop?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Same thing as everyone else. Application, online job tryout, phone interview, than in person panel with the District Managers.

A disclaimer would be appropriate: Starbucks, without a doubt, is an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME company to work for. They treat their partners and manager wonderfully. I had a great time interviewing, but after some research, it just wasn't a good fit for me. I just recently came out of a very toxic work environment where I was a manager in an unrelated industry. After a lot of research, I've found that external management had a higher turnover rate (80%). Why? Well there's a little bit of turmoil within the Starbucks brand with management being hired from the outside.

Seems that many partners are unhappy with this, and lock in on external managers. After my most recent management experience in a volatile environment, I don't think I have it in me to tolerate bad attitudes and bullying baristas. On top of that, the demands of running a Starbucks are pressuring enough. Wouldn't want to come into a reputable company so jaded. Not worth the risk of being thrown to the wolves. Maybe later down the road, but for now I'm actually considering going back into an entry level position and avoiding management for a little while. Hopefully this will not deter someone else with thicker skin to tackle the position. I'm sure it's a great experience, and a lot of growth potential. Thanks so much, Starbucks. Just not mentally where I need to be for me to be of any good service for your brand.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions regarding your work history, and ability to lead. Also very community based.   Answer Question

Starbucks Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

In a cramped corner on a hard wooden chair between the ice machine and the back door. The interviewer explained that she wanted to have a large staff and maybe not so many hours for each employee.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a job. What kind of hours I wanted.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Bowie, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

An hour long interview with lots of in detail questions about myself and what I would do in certain situations. I think she mostly just wanted to hear me talk and feel me out. She said typically there are two interviews but she liked me so we just did one.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I walked in, the manager talked to me and invited me to the interview next week.
    Basic questions such as What would you do if a costumer gets angry
    They were friendly and explained to me the job position

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

The online application is lengthy. Didn't hear anything for over a month. Received a phone interview first deceiving the job, pay, hours. Wanted to know if I was still interested. Then went into the store for a face to face interview. Manager was very nice, talked about Starbucks policies, mission statement, what I was looking for. Hours I could work. Over all a very relaxing interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC).

Interview

You fill out the application online. A store manager calls you in for an interview, and you met with them. If you do well during that interview you will meet with another store manager, or the district manager for that district. In less than two weeks you will hear back from the first manager on whether or not you received the job.

Negotiation

None. One base pay

Anonymous Employee in Oxon Hill, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Oxon Hill, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I arrived at the store and met with the manager. We sat and talked in the lobby. Overall a typical interview process. Just remember to smile and keep a high energy. Take your time answering the questions. Starbucks prides itself in integrity and customer satisfaction. Come dressed to impress. Having knowledge about the company and coffee in general helps as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer