Starbucks Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.3

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Met with two district managers at different locations on separate occasions. Participated in coffee tasting, and engaged in behavioral type interview. "Describe a time when... and what did you do?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Very fast, Manager was very nice and straight forward. Open about career and opportunities.
    Questions weren't hard. Manager did not make me feel nervous. I would go back to starbucks in the near future, And plus FREE DRINKS & MEALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

After submitting an online application I sat down with a Store Manager and had a 15 minute conversation about my goals, why I want to work for the company, and what I could bring to the company. Quick and easy since they were trying to hire to prepare for the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that you believe would be well suited to being a Barista?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Get a call with in a day for interview. Pretty lay back and I have arrive on time but have to wait for the manager. The interview is pretty straight forward. And is a short interview

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • How you working at Starbucks will help you with the career growth and how you can help Starbucks?   Answer Question

The pay is low, and the offer is not that attractive.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Expect to be contacted by a recruiter to be assessed for interview, aftwr that you'll receive 1-3 phone interviews and a test taken online. After thatyou'll receive an in-person interview, either with two district managers, or one district manager and a second in-person follow-up with a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you celebrate the victories of your peers or employees at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions and getting to know you as a person will take place. I personally went through two managers and had two separate interviews. They both were pretty much the same thing just I guess two people getting different points of view on you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Work history?
      How would you handle certain situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The overall experience was good, the hiring manager was very nice and friendly. I came 10 minutes early so they gave me a free beverage while I waited. Once the interview started it was mostly personality based questions and situational questions. "What would you do in ...."and after the questions she just asked if I knew the job description and such. I was then scheduled for another interview with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (North Bethesda, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online, you have to call the store and speak to the manager. The manager will let you know if they have any openings and ask you to come in for an interview. There is usually a second interview after that. General interview questions.They called me the next day to come in to do the paper work. the whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weakness, what makes a good barista, tell us about a bad work experience and how you handled it, etc. There were some role playing questions too, like, what would you do if a customer yells and disturbs the entire shop?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Same thing as everyone else. Application, online job tryout, phone interview, than in person panel with the District Managers.

A disclaimer would be appropriate: Starbucks, without a doubt, is an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME company to work for. They treat their partners and manager wonderfully. I had a great time interviewing, but after some research, it just wasn't a good fit for me. I just recently came out of a very toxic work environment where I was a manager in an unrelated industry. After a lot of research, I've found that external management had a higher turnover rate (80%). Why? Well there's a little bit of turmoil within the Starbucks brand with management being hired from the outside.

Seems that many partners are unhappy with this, and lock in on external managers. After my most recent management experience in a volatile environment, I don't think I have it in me to tolerate bad attitudes and bullying baristas. On top of that, the demands of running a Starbucks are pressuring enough. Wouldn't want to come into a reputable company so jaded. Not worth the risk of being thrown to the wolves. Maybe later down the road, but for now I'm actually considering going back into an entry level position and avoiding management for a little while. Hopefully this will not deter someone else with thicker skin to tackle the position. I'm sure it's a great experience, and a lot of growth potential. Thanks so much, Starbucks. Just not mentally where I need to be for me to be of any good service for your brand.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions regarding your work history, and ability to lead. Also very community based.   Answer Question

Starbucks Part Time Interview

Application

Interview

In a cramped corner on a hard wooden chair between the ice machine and the back door. The interviewer explained that she wanted to have a large staff and maybe not so many hours for each employee.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a job. What kind of hours I wanted.   2 Answers