Starbucks Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

PCC Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Informational interview over the phone with a recruiter
    Moved forward with an online submission on the careers website
    Invited to an in person panel interview that lasted roughly one hour
    Completed onboarding from home via computer which was about 16 steps

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly standard, relating to past experience and how that would be applied in environment   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a barista and shift supervisor position, and I went into the interview without knowing which I was being considered for. Once we got past that, the questions were focused on getting to know me and how my previous experience was applicable.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute sessions with each members of the team, lots of great questions and fun activities during interviews. They definitely asked you questions about your background and how it can relate to Starbucks as a brand and as a company. Each members of the team had different personalities, but that's what made it more appealing. They all said they loved their job there and you can tell by just the interview.

Senior IOS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

They were supremely inconsiderate. They initiated an informal phone chat through Indeed Prime. I set aside time from work at my current job to chat with them. They failed to call at the appointed time. I called back, and emailed back, with no response. I asked the representative at Indeed Prime to get an explanation. Two weeks later, she responded they have moved ahead with other candidates. I will never talk to Starbucks about an employment opportunity again.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Referred to hiring manager by recruiter. First Phone screen by hiring manager with standard background and experience questions. The next day face to face interview at their headquarters in downtown Seattle. Interview done only by the hiring manager.
    Notified by recruiter few days later that no offer was made. Not a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• translate brainstormed sticky notes into a process workflow using visio   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

In general, the interview process was straightforward, composed of 5-6 interviews with people of varying seniority. Some interviewers asked questions related to prior work experience/work culture, others focused on behavioral type questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when...). Starbucks is very proud of their history, so would recommend reading what is happening in the news with them and weaving it into your responses when possible. The interview process is quite long (it took me about 1 month from initial phone interview for the in-person interviews, and the process is quite unorganized as none of the interviewers seemed prepared for the interview or asked random questions/talked about the role in depth). Also, the interview skewed toward testing more for a cultural fit, so would definitely emphasize your ability to effectively collaborate, build relationships cross functionally, and deal with/resolve conflict through your responses (these are some of Starbucks core competencies).

The recruiting process was one of the reasons I declined the offer. Not only was it extremely unprofessional, unorganized and political, but all the interviewers didn't seem to place any importance on the position or getting it filled. Starbucks is really creating a poor reputation as an employer and needs to overhaul their recruiting process to treat external candidates fairly and with respect.

Interview Questions

• -Why Starbucks/Why are you interested in this position/How is your prior work experience relevant to this role
      -What are your strengths/weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time when you had to make an important business decision and influence others quickly, but did not have any data to support your arguments
      Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

They asked me a simple coding question about arrays, and a simple two table SQL query. Additionally they asked me higher level questions about technology, security and languages I was proficient in. It was approximately a 50 minute interview with two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe some forms of injection attacks, and how to mitigate them?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screen and then on-site interview. One person at at time interview, not a panel. Were mostly looking for fit with the group and corporate culture. Not the most robust or challenging interview I have had.

Applications Designer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

First of all, I was contacted by the internal Starbucks recruiter. He had contacted me through LinkedIn, saying that he had reviewed my profile and thought that my background and experience lined up well with an open position. We emailed each other a few times and then scheduled a time to have a phone conversation. We had a good discussion about the role. After that, I was then contacted again saying that the Hiring Manager was interested in speaking with me. I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager for a half hour, covering the role and their future plans. Afterward, the recruiter contacted me saying that the Hiring Manager had a great call with me and would love to have a formal interview. I did have another phone conversation with the recruiter to prepare me for the formal interview. The formal interview was at the corporate offices also known as Starbucks Support Center (SSC). I was there for six hours and the time was separated into several interview sections with others in the team and those that I would work with. There was a free lunch with a few of the people I would work with. The final last hour was the in person interview with the Hiring Manager. A lot of the interviews had some sample questions that they were given in advanced and after those questions were answered I was able to ask a few of my own questions I had. They even gave me a tour of the office and seeing the different areas they had. The have their own Starbucks inside the office. I was told I was one of three final candidates, but I didn't get the position. The timeline from the first contact to the formal interview was about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Using your past experience, please describe a time that you had improved a process or changed a standard routine.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a 45 min interview, with behavioral and technical questions. I was asked to diagram a project and describe why design decisions were made. They seemed to be most interested in the way I thought and that i could articulate it.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to diagram a project and describe why design decisions were made.   Answer Question