Starcom MediaVest Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Starcom MediaVest Group

2.8

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with general HR person, and then a second phone interview with the person I would actually be working for. They said I would hear back about a second interview within 2-3 weeks but it took them about a month. Second phone interview was more detailed and went into the specifics of the department I'd be working in if I got an offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

My resume was forwarded by a mutual friend. HR Reached out to me with a few available phone interview times. We chose a time and when it came to that day and time, about 20 minutes passed the interview time so I sent an email. She had wrote down the wrong time so we rescheduled. The interview was very situational, "tell me about a time when.." type questions. After the interview she told me it would take between 1-3 weeks to hear back.

Two weeks passed by so I sent her an email to follow up, to see if there was any type of update and she responded there was no update. Three weeks after the interview, still no word. After about 5 weeks I sent another email and got no response. About a month and a half after, I got a general email from HR saying they went forward with someone else - perfectly fine. I then sent the same HR woman ANOTHER email asking for feedback on my interview and why I wasn't considered for an in person interview. Now about another month has passed and haven't heard a response.

Very unprofessional - I expected to at least been responded to and offered feedback. I was applying for an entry level position so it would have been nice to know what I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you set a goal for yourself and achieved it   Answer Question

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Very professional and thorough. Met numerous people on the team and got to know who I would be working for. The questions were a good mix of behavioral based, as well as, asking about my work experience and how I react to different situation. They also made me feel very comfortable and not nervous to be there.

Interview Questions

• How do you react in stressful situations where there may be a conflict?   Answer Question

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

4 Rounds with mutiple level interviews. The intreview process was thorough and everything is dependent on if they have funding for that specific position. The process may take awhile even after getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time faced a difficult situation when managing direct reports.   Answer Question

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of face-to-face interviews with different levels of management. Several questions were repeated and all expected you to have questions despite the length and depth of your previous conversations.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was an almost half-day interview with various departments. I sat with 3 managers total (it was an itinerary where once you were done with one, another would come pick you up and take you to their office) and at the end of the day, the HR coordinator took myself and 3 others to lunch at House of Blues. In the end, I declined because their starting salary was $32k...and I was offered another job (that better fit my interests) that same week which paid more so I took the other instead.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Strengths & weaknesses, why do you want this role, etc.   Answer Question

I received another job offer that same week that paid more and better suits me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and got an email from HR asying that he woud like to schedule a phone screening after which I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone technical interview with the manager . He basically asked overal knowledge aout the requirements and skills for the job and my experience and projects. Later I was invited for onsite in their Chicago location (I couldn't believe they didnt arrange for even a lunch or travel) . Anyways onsite interviewed with 3 team members (Software Engineers) and then 2 Directors from the team. Got an offer after waiting fro a month.I accepted it

Interview Questions

• MVC questions
      Javascript
      Stack Overflow
      Basic Database questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a brief interview with a manager over the phone, which led to an in person interview with 4 different people. Questions were very straightforward, and focused on prior experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed to communicate effectively, and what you learned from the situation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 step interview process. First, I was interview over the phone. Just a brief introduction of myself and my experience, very basic questions. Second, I was interview by 4 different staff members, all from different levels within the company. The first couple of people who interview me were very conversational. However, the last two were asking more behavioral and technical interview questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

2 interviews
    -lots of situational questions

Interview Questions

• talk about a time when you were a leader in a group and faced a difficult member   Answer Question