Starcom MediaVest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a brief interview with a manager over the phone, which led to an in person interview with 4 different people. Questions were very straightforward, and focused on prior experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed to communicate effectively, and what you learned from the situation.   Answer Question

Paid Search Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Interview

Welcome to the boys club! Interviewed by all males, not one woman with a senior position was introduced to me. This was the first sign that things may not go well here. Not only were they not prepared before hand with decent questions, they had no true idea of where they may want to place people they were interviewing.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

My resume was forwarded by a mutual friend. HR Reached out to me with a few available phone interview times. We chose a time and when it came to that day and time, about 20 minutes passed the interview time so I sent an email. She had wrote down the wrong time so we rescheduled. The interview was very situational, "tell me about a time when.." type questions. After the interview she told me it would take between 1-3 weeks to hear back.

Two weeks passed by so I sent her an email to follow up, to see if there was any type of update and she responded there was no update. Three weeks after the interview, still no word. After about 5 weeks I sent another email and got no response. About a month and a half after, I got a general email from HR saying they went forward with someone else - perfectly fine. I then sent the same HR woman ANOTHER email asking for feedback on my interview and why I wasn't considered for an in person interview. Now about another month has passed and haven't heard a response.

Very unprofessional - I expected to at least been responded to and offered feedback. I was applying for an entry level position so it would have been nice to know what I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you set a goal for yourself and achieved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Be very prepared for the interview. Overall, it was a good experience. They asked a lot of behavioral and math questions. In addition to that, they give you a resource packet to help prep you for the interview. The interview is only hard if you don't ask questions and prepare for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

One of my mentors recommended Starcom as a good starting point for my career. I started out feeling overqualified for the job, but the position sounded interesting. I applied and 2 months later I finally was emailed to set up an interviewed within the next couple of days. Maybe I was the last person interviewed or the women interviewing me was just having a bad day. There was no introduction or anything. She asked me why I was interested in the position and then asked me why I applied for Starcom, even though I covered it the first time. She was unengaged and it was the most awkward interview I've ever gone through. She made the math part seem hard, but it was elementary math. The interview was very easy, but the lackluster interest by the interviewer just made me feel blah about the job. I also felt completely unsure how the interview went when it ended. I felt like the questions were basic behavioral, and I answered them well, but it was so uninterested I didn't think I'd get the job.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in December and was contacted within two weeks to set up a phone interview as the first round. The woman that I talked to was super friendly and it felt like we were just casually chatting, second rounds were held in March and, again, the interview was very casual, we were joking around the whole time. It took them awhile after that to get back to me with a decision (maybe 6 weeks), overall very positive.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online for summer internship-- process was easy enough (just submit a resume and do one short-answer question). Was contacted about two weeks later to set up an interview-- mostly behavioral-type questions. About a month later, got a follow up that they had gone with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to successfully balance two different things.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online for their future leadership program. I received an email a month later to set up a phone interview. Two months later I received an email saying that I was accepted in to the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set and achieved a goal ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you worked with a difficult group? What role did you play? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started out with a simple phone interview. Very informal, mainly speaking back and forth about the details of this job, and why I want to work for Starcom. Then I was emailed a couple weeks later to come in for an in person interview. Met with 4 different employees, each a higher level. Be sure to come with important questions to impress them in order to fill in any time left during each interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you didn't like, and how did you overcome this obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call, simple questions. Some basic math questions. Mainly be ready to talk about experiences and how you accomplished your goals. Very friendly and willing to engage in conversation. Told would receive word in several weeks, did not hear feedback for several months