Starcom MediaVest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starcom MediaVest Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online for their future leadership program. I received an email a month later to set up a phone interview. Two months later I received an email saying that I was accepted in to the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set and achieved a goal ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you worked with a difficult group? What role did you play? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started out with a simple phone interview. Very informal, mainly speaking back and forth about the details of this job, and why I want to work for Starcom. Then I was emailed a couple weeks later to come in for an in person interview. Met with 4 different employees, each a higher level. Be sure to come with important questions to impress them in order to fill in any time left during each interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you didn't like, and how did you overcome this obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call, simple questions. Some basic math questions. Mainly be ready to talk about experiences and how you accomplished your goals. Very friendly and willing to engage in conversation. Told would receive word in several weeks, did not hear feedback for several months

Research Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Interview

The process was efficient and informative. I was notified within 24 hours of submitting my resume to schedule my phone interview; and within another 24 hours after my phone interview to schedule my in person interviews. I was notified within just a few days with my offer. Overall one of the smoothest interview processes I experienced, which spoke well for the company. I interviewed with ~4-6 people in total, and each focused on a different skill area (leadership, strategic thinking, efficiency, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - working through ambiguity; how you manage multiple priorities; how you work in a team, when you led a team, etc...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 step interview process. First, I was interview over the phone. Just a brief introduction of myself and my experience, very basic questions. Second, I was interview by 4 different staff members, all from different levels within the company. The first couple of people who interview me were very conversational. However, the last two were asking more behavioral and technical interview questions.

Connections Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewers are very professional . Especially the female interviewer who interviewed me first . She walked me through my job experiences , explained job functions and the whole process went smoothly .

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Had two screening interviews and then one final day in house where I interviewed with 4 different people. Pretty standard stuff, I wouldn't be too worried if you have any agency/media/marketing experience that you can talk about. But be warned the salary that they offer is pretty damn low relative to other similar positions and I ended up turning down the offer because of that

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a time where you used data to perform an analysis   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with an HR representative. The phone interview followed behavior format. The call lasted about 30 minutes. I also had the opportunity to ask the HR representative questions for about five to ten minutes at the end of the phone call. One week later I was invited to interview in the Chicago office. SMG does not pay/reimburse interview travel/accommodations for the media associate position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Had to wait for 20 minutes in the lobby until someone came to meet me, then cycled through 3 different employees who asked questions and told me about the role

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in March through a posting I saw on my schools website. They contacted me for a phone interview in May. The phone interview was pretty much what I expected- they do ask a few math questions.