Starcom MediaVest Media Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Be very prepared for the interview. Overall, it was a good experience. They asked a lot of behavioral and math questions. In addition to that, they give you a resource packet to help prep you for the interview. The interview is only hard if you don't ask questions and prepare for it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starcom MediaVest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

One of my mentors recommended Starcom as a good starting point for my career. I started out feeling overqualified for the job, but the position sounded interesting. I applied and 2 months later I finally was emailed to set up an interviewed within the next couple of days. Maybe I was the last person interviewed or the women interviewing me was just having a bad day. There was no introduction or anything. She asked me why I was interested in the position and then asked me why I applied for Starcom, even though I covered it the first time. She was unengaged and it was the most awkward interview I've ever gone through. She made the math part seem hard, but it was elementary math. The interview was very easy, but the lackluster interest by the interviewer just made me feel blah about the job. I also felt completely unsure how the interview went when it ended. I felt like the questions were basic behavioral, and I answered them well, but it was so uninterested I didn't think I'd get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online for their future leadership program. I received an email a month later to set up a phone interview. Two months later I received an email saying that I was accepted in to the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set and achieved a goal ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you worked with a difficult group? What role did you play? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started out with a simple phone interview. Very informal, mainly speaking back and forth about the details of this job, and why I want to work for Starcom. Then I was emailed a couple weeks later to come in for an in person interview. Met with 4 different employees, each a higher level. Be sure to come with important questions to impress them in order to fill in any time left during each interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you didn't like, and how did you overcome this obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call, simple questions. Some basic math questions. Mainly be ready to talk about experiences and how you accomplished your goals. Very friendly and willing to engage in conversation. Told would receive word in several weeks, did not hear feedback for several months

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Had two screening interviews and then one final day in house where I interviewed with 4 different people. Pretty standard stuff, I wouldn't be too worried if you have any agency/media/marketing experience that you can talk about. But be warned the salary that they offer is pretty damn low relative to other similar positions and I ended up turning down the offer because of that

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a time where you used data to perform an analysis   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with an HR representative. The phone interview followed behavior format. The call lasted about 30 minutes. I also had the opportunity to ask the HR representative questions for about five to ten minutes at the end of the phone call. One week later I was invited to interview in the Chicago office. SMG does not pay/reimburse interview travel/accommodations for the media associate position.

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in March through a posting I saw on my schools website. They contacted me for a phone interview in May. The phone interview was pretty much what I expected- they do ask a few math questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview asking very basic questions (math segment), followed by an in office interview. Met with four people of different levels- each focusing on a different skill set/ area of experience. Some turned into excellent beneficial conversations and some were point-blank question and answer off paper. If it weren't for the 3 people that were very conversational and natural, I wouldn't have been so appealed to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and waited 4 days to hear back about a phone interview. The HR Director that interviewed me asked easy initial questions like, tell me about yourself, where I went to college, my past experiences I listed on my resume. She then asked behavior questions like "tell me about a time I experience a difficult situation with a client or boss and I handled the situation?" Then a few basic math questions we asked like what is 1/3 in decimal form, what is 1/3 as a percentage and what is 40% of 60? Overall it was a very casual laid back phone interview. Afterwards I was told it would take them 2 weeks to get back to me for an in-person interview. I got it and met with 4 different employees, the first being a Media Associate, Media Supervisor(manager), Associate Media Director, and lastly, a Senior Director. Similar to the phone interview, these were very laid back and more of a way to get to know you and your skill set to place you in an open position. They also asked questions on behavioral, professional, and personal experiences related to resume and personal life. I heard back one day later about receiving the offer and a higher salary than expected. Overall, my interview process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions like "Tell me about a time I experience a difficult situation with a client or boss and I handled the situation? Then a few basic math questions we asked like what is 1/3 in decimal form, what is 1/3 as a percentage and what is 40% of 60?"   Answer Question