Starcom USA Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Starcom USA Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy and in-depth. After applying online which includes a few essay questions, I got accepted for a phone interview. The phone interview is very behavioral-based, so be prepared to answer questions with examples. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for in-person interviews which took about 4 hours. I interviewed with 4 different people each one at a higher level than the previous. Each interviewer had their own style, so just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and ask a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went through a big change and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision.   Answer Question
    • What recent technological innovation has the opportunity to reshape how advertisers connect with consumers?   Answer Question

Analyst, Architecture & Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me by phone, we talked about my previous experiences and he introduced the position in details. Then another HR scheduled two phone interviews for me with two VPs on two different days. The first call was late for 5 mins which was fine for me, because I understand sometimes people in VP level are busy. General questions were asked during the interview, such as "What do you know about Starcom", "How familiar are you with media analytics", "What is your career goal". No specific technical question was asked. The second interview. I have to say I was a little disappointed. It was scheduled at 12:30pm, and I kept waiting for half hour, but no one called me. Sent another email to HR to check if they rescheduled the interview. I haven't yet heard anything back from HR. I want to say that I can totally understand if the interviewer call me late for 5 or 10 mins, but this situation is out of my expectation. I'll update my review as soon as someone gets back to me.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I came across a job posting on the Starcom website that interested me. I then applied on a Friday evening. On the following Monday afternoon, a HR recruiter reached out and left a voicemail. I called her back a few hours later and we went right into a Phone Screening, which slightly caught me off guard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to phone interview the day after I applied. It was very easy and conversational. I was a sked a couple of math questions and behavioral based questions. Classic questions asking for specific experiences from your past. It lasted about 30 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-The interview process was very lengthly, but it was interesting. I interviewed with 3 other people separately. You start at the bottom and meet with a Supervisor, AD, then a Director. It was kinda cool to see how you would move up in the company. It was laid back and very behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite advertising trends right now, or something that caught your eye in the industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed an online application, it took about a month to hear back from someone to schedule a phone interview, then a few days after that to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task with little direction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Three months later, got asked to a final round interview. Four interviewers from a variety of teams. Very nice team. Very casually dressed interviewer. Don't dress too formally.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process consisted of two rounds. First round is a phone based screening with someone at a mid-level or senior management level. Questions are mostly focused on the background of the candidate and how their experiences fit into the Starcom culture. The second round consists of 3 separate in person interviews across various levels of management seniority. In person round consists of various rigorous questions to test media acumen, managerial skills, leadership and communications.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you did not have all the necessary data to complete the exercise and how did you overcome the lack of information to provide a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Contact from HR department to set up a phone interview a week later

Interview Questions

• Math Question: 1/3 of 100 in percent form. 20% of 100
      Experience working as a team?
      Biggest challenge?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

This is a very long process, so be prepared to wait. That being said, the interview experience, while intense, is a lot of fun for what it is. Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Behavioral questions and mental math questions are asked - very easy. If you move forward in the process you are invited into the office for a full day of interviews. You will meet with four employees (various levels of leadership) and have about 45 minutes with each. One right after the other. It is tiring, but stay on your game and it will be a great experience. I loved my interviewers and thought they were great. I also credit them for making me so excited about the position and the company. From there you are either recommended for hire or not. Then the waiting process begins for when you'll get an offer. After that, it's easy sailing to your (hopefully) dream job with this amazing company!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, per se. It just gets tiring after four hours of back-to-back interviews. Stay sharp and know how to best highlight your experiences/skills in different scenarios.   Answer Question