Starcom USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviews with four people, back to back, were scheduled 2 weeks in advance, day of the interview, I receive an email that is asking to change the timing of the third interview, but the first interview is listed as earlier than the original schedule I received and a few hours from when I received the email. I sent the original email with schedule , agree to whatever changes are necessary but ask for an immediate update to the schedule. One hour before the new time I am supposed to be there, I receive the update and go to the interview. The first interviewer - head of the team cancels and sends the person currently in the role to talk to me, then I have a 30 minute 'break' in their lobby until the next person can meet me , who is late. I walked out after 2.5 hours knowing that this was not a real interview and that I had taken a half day from my current job to provide insights and answer questions for a team who had already decided who was filling the role. One week later, I received a call from the recruiter - who was very professional and not the one who set up the scheduling - that the role was being filled internally.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were focused on my experience and providing examples of my work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview

3 sets of phone interviews with 2 recruiters and then with someone who actually works in media - usually a supervisor. Each interview was about 45 mins-1 hour in length.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing in media today and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy and in-depth. After applying online which includes a few essay questions, I got accepted for a phone interview. The phone interview is very behavioral-based, so be prepared to answer questions with examples. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for in-person interviews which took about 4 hours. I interviewed with 4 different people each one at a higher level than the previous. Each interviewer had their own style, so just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and ask a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went through a big change and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision.   Answer Question
    • What recent technological innovation has the opportunity to reshape how advertisers connect with consumers?   Answer Question

Analyst, Architecture & Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me by phone, we talked about my previous experiences and he introduced the position in details. Then another HR scheduled two phone interviews for me with two VPs on two different days. The first call was late for 5 mins which was fine for me, because I understand sometimes people in VP level are busy. General questions were asked during the interview, such as "What do you know about Starcom", "How familiar are you with media analytics", "What is your career goal". No specific technical question was asked. The second interview. I have to say I was a little disappointed. It was scheduled at 12:30pm, and I kept waiting for half hour, but no one called me. Sent another email to HR to check if they rescheduled the interview. I haven't yet heard anything back from HR. I want to say that I can totally understand if the interviewer call me late for 5 or 10 mins, but this situation is out of my expectation. I'll update my review as soon as someone gets back to me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Starcom runs a rather in-depth interview process. The first step is completing the application complete with a cover letter and resume. Secondly, they will conduct a skillset interview where they'll ask about your particular skillset and why you're interested in the positin you applied for. The final round consists of a difficult behavior based interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes of behavioral questions with some math. In person interview was a half day with different levels of employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I came across a job posting on the Starcom website that interested me. I then applied on a Friday evening. On the following Monday afternoon, a HR recruiter reached out and left a voicemail. I called her back a few hours later and we went right into a Phone Screening, which slightly caught me off guard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to phone interview the day after I applied. It was very easy and conversational. I was a sked a couple of math questions and behavioral based questions. Classic questions asking for specific experiences from your past. It lasted about 30 minutes

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First interview was very basic with someone from the HR department... Basic resume and background questions. Second interview was mostly situational and behavioral questions. Both interviews were over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom USA (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The first phase is a phone screening. This is where HR will ask you generic questions and even a few easy math questions so be prepared to answer those (and possibly have a calculator on hand if you get nervous). The second stage is an in-person interview. This can be with as many teams have an opening. You will usually meet with at least two team members, all of which are supervisor level or above. You then hear back pretty quickly (usually a few days later as to whether you got the position or not).

Interview Questions

• What is 30% of 250?
      Why Starcom?