Starcom USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starcom USA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received an email 2 months after I applied. Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a final interview in Chicago with four separate people for 3 hours.

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, then was invited to the office for an in-person interview with the department manager and the department VP. Most of the questions were behavioral. Both interviewers were very nice and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you did not take on a leadership role. Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I'm still waiting to hear about a follow up interview. I interviewed close to two months ago.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest decision you've ever had to make? What is 2/3 in percentage form?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, followed up with a lengthy in-person interview with 4 team members. The interview last about 2 hours long in total, and each 1 on 1 interview lasted for between 20 and 30 minutes. The people were friendly and asking relevant questions for the kind of work I ended up doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview

I was recruited through my department's career services. I applied in October and was called in for an all-day interview a week later. The interview consisted of four 40-minute interviews: two with on-site recruiters and two with upper management executives through Skype.

The company culture seems very fun and hardworking. It seems like a great place to start a career as most industry insiders say that Starcom has the best training programs in the industry.

The hiring process is long. Once you are "recommended for hire," it can be months before you actually receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are situation or hypothetical in nature like, "Pick a brand and describe what you think would be that brand's primary target."   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview

Apply. Phone Interview #1. Secondary Interview (In person or via skype)- you meet with different levels of management for four different interviews basically answering the same questions about who you are, campaings that resonate with you

Ad Ops Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Brief, to the point, more interested if you're a good fit culturally. Got the job through a staffing agency in Chicago so there was a small fleet of contracted employees on the trafficking team.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, what interests you about the role, future goals. The usual questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online--timed general knowledge test.
    Phone interview about 2 months later--unexpected math questions (i.e. percentages).
    Office interview--all day process, interview with 4 different people taken to lunch as a group after. Very long tiring day.

Disappointed to hear a year and a half later a friend of mine with no relevant experience got the job through a family member and by only attending an office interview with one person.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the next big social media site will be?   1 Answer

Digital Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1:1 interview. Lasted about 20 minutes. Basically was asked to talk about my resume/past experience. Was asked if I had experience using Excel. Then the interviewer talked about the position for about 10 minutes. I was called the next day and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Excel is a professional setting? When/How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Really simple, don't sweat about it.
    - Just prep on why you want to work at Starcom - the whole "human experience".
    - Prep on your behavioral questions and know a couple of good ads that you have watched recently

Negotiation

no negotiation, pay is standard