Starcom USA Media Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starcom USA Media Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy and in-depth. After applying online which includes a few essay questions, I got accepted for a phone interview. The phone interview is very behavioral-based, so be prepared to answer questions with examples. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for in-person interviews which took about 4 hours. I interviewed with 4 different people each one at a higher level than the previous. Each interviewer had their own style, so just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and ask a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went through a big change and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision.   Answer Question
  • What recent technological innovation has the opportunity to reshape how advertisers connect with consumers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starcom USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes of behavioral questions with some math. In person interview was a half day with different levels of employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to phone interview the day after I applied. It was very easy and conversational. I was a sked a couple of math questions and behavioral based questions. Classic questions asking for specific experiences from your past. It lasted about 30 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-The interview process was very lengthly, but it was interesting. I interviewed with 3 other people separately. You start at the bottom and meet with a Supervisor, AD, then a Director. It was kinda cool to see how you would move up in the company. It was laid back and very behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite advertising trends right now, or something that caught your eye in the industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed an online application, it took about a month to hear back from someone to schedule a phone interview, then a few days after that to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task with little direction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Three months later, got asked to a final round interview. Four interviewers from a variety of teams. Very nice team. Very casually dressed interviewer. Don't dress too formally.

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starcom USA in June 2014.

Interview

The phone screening was basic and straightforward. The recruiter asked some mental math questions and briefly asked about my resume and experiences. After that, I was invited to come in for a full round of interviews. I was interviewed by 4 people total. Each interview lasted approximately 40-45 minutes. After that, I had lunch with an ambassador and a few other applicants who were interviewing that day. I heard back from HR after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Name an impactful campaign you've seen lately. Tell me about it....
      Also, make sure you can articulate why you'd be a good fit for Starcom.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation whatsoever. They won't budge.

Media Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview. If HR feels you meet the basic skill requirements, you'll be invited to interview in person with four people of varying levels on four different skill sets: communication, analytical/critical thinking, team work, innovation and creativity. Each interview lasts approximately 45 minutes, and concludes with lunch.

Interview Questions

• Questions will differ depending on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process consisted of two rounds. First round is a phone based screening with someone at a mid-level or senior management level. Questions are mostly focused on the background of the candidate and how their experiences fit into the Starcom culture. The second round consists of 3 separate in person interviews across various levels of management seniority. In person round consists of various rigorous questions to test media acumen, managerial skills, leadership and communications.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you did not have all the necessary data to complete the exercise and how did you overcome the lack of information to provide a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom USA (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Contact from HR department to set up a phone interview a week later

Interview Questions

• Math Question: 1/3 of 100 in percent form. 20% of 100
      Experience working as a team?
      Biggest challenge?