Starcom Worldwide Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviews with four people, back to back, were scheduled 2 weeks in advance, day of the interview, I receive an email that is asking to change the timing of the third interview, but the first interview is listed as earlier than the original schedule I received and a few hours from when I received the email. I sent the original email with schedule , agree to whatever changes are necessary but ask for an immediate update to the schedule. One hour before the new time I am supposed to be there, I receive the update and go to the interview. The first interviewer - head of the team cancels and sends the person currently in the role to talk to me, then I have a 30 minute 'break' in their lobby until the next person can meet me , who is late. I walked out after 2.5 hours knowing that this was not a real interview and that I had taken a half day from my current job to provide insights and answer questions for a team who had already decided who was filling the role. One week later, I received a call from the recruiter - who was very professional and not the one who set up the scheduling - that the role was being filled internally.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were focused on my experience and providing examples of my work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

First was a twenty minute phone call with behavioral-based questions. Followed up with an email asking to fly out to Chicago for in-person interview (not reimbursed, but they tell you that upfront). In-person interview was about 3 hours total, meeting with 4 different employees for about 45 mins, each person being higher up than the previous. Was told it would take about a week to hear back which was accurate, give or take a few days. Email asked for 15 min phone call the following week which was just the job offer, really just took 2 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to step up and be a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy and in-depth. After applying online which includes a few essay questions, I got accepted for a phone interview. The phone interview is very behavioral-based, so be prepared to answer questions with examples. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for in-person interviews which took about 4 hours. I interviewed with 4 different people each one at a higher level than the previous. Each interviewer had their own style, so just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and ask a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went through a big change and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision.   Answer Question
    • What recent technological innovation has the opportunity to reshape how advertisers connect with consumers?   Answer Question

Analyst, Architecture & Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me by phone, we talked about my previous experiences and he introduced the position in details. Then another HR scheduled two phone interviews for me with two VPs on two different days. The first call was late for 5 mins which was fine for me, because I understand sometimes people in VP level are busy. General questions were asked during the interview, such as "What do you know about Starcom", "How familiar are you with media analytics", "What is your career goal". No specific technical question was asked. The second interview. I have to say I was a little disappointed. It was scheduled at 12:30pm, and I kept waiting for half hour, but no one called me. Sent another email to HR to check if they rescheduled the interview. I haven't yet heard anything back from HR. I want to say that I can totally understand if the interviewer call me late for 5 or 10 mins, but this situation is out of my expectation. I'll update my review as soon as someone gets back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes of behavioral questions with some math. In person interview was a half day with different levels of employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I came across a job posting on the Starcom website that interested me. I then applied on a Friday evening. On the following Monday afternoon, a HR recruiter reached out and left a voicemail. I called her back a few hours later and we went right into a Phone Screening, which slightly caught me off guard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to phone interview the day after I applied. It was very easy and conversational. I was a sked a couple of math questions and behavioral based questions. Classic questions asking for specific experiences from your past. It lasted about 30 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-The interview process was very lengthly, but it was interesting. I interviewed with 3 other people separately. You start at the bottom and meet with a Supervisor, AD, then a Director. It was kinda cool to see how you would move up in the company. It was laid back and very behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite advertising trends right now, or something that caught your eye in the industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed an online application, it took about a month to hear back from someone to schedule a phone interview, then a few days after that to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task with little direction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Three months later, got asked to a final round interview. Four interviewers from a variety of teams. Very nice team. Very casually dressed interviewer. Don't dress too formally.