Starcom Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starcom Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to phone interview the day after I applied. It was very easy and conversational. I was a sked a couple of math questions and behavioral based questions. Classic questions asking for specific experiences from your past. It lasted about 30 minutes

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First interview was very basic with someone from the HR department... Basic resume and background questions. Second interview was mostly situational and behavioral questions. Both interviews were over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in October 2016.

Interview

Two twenty minute phone interviews. It seemed like a genuine conversation as opposed to just a normal interview with a large company. There were some math problems as well so prepare to answer basic math equations.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The first phase is a phone screening. This is where HR will ask you generic questions and even a few easy math questions so be prepared to answer those (and possibly have a calculator on hand if you get nervous). The second stage is an in-person interview. This can be with as many teams have an opening. You will usually meet with at least two team members, all of which are supervisor level or above. You then hear back pretty quickly (usually a few days later as to whether you got the position or not).

Interview Questions

• What is 30% of 250?
      Why Starcom?
      What does the term "human experience company mean to you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-The interview process was very lengthly, but it was interesting. I interviewed with 3 other people separately. You start at the bottom and meet with a Supervisor, AD, then a Director. It was kinda cool to see how you would move up in the company. It was laid back and very behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite advertising trends right now, or something that caught your eye in the industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Completed an online application, it took about a month to hear back from someone to schedule a phone interview, then a few days after that to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a task with little direction.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first one was general questions, the second was longer and I talked to multiple different people with various clients. They asked a lot of questions about specific campaigns I liked and my own experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Three months later, got asked to a final round interview. Four interviewers from a variety of teams. Very nice team. Very casually dressed interviewer. Don't dress too formally.

Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview was fairly basic and essentially wanted to make sure you could do math and hadn't lied on your resume. This was followed by four back-to-back in person interviews. They were about 45 minutes each and while I think that they were meant to focus on a different area (team work, creative problem solving, etc.), many kind of ran together. After the interviews, you're taken out to lunch with an "ambassador" who is meant to be a non-partial person you can ask more frank questions about culture, compensation, etc.

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview

The phone screening was basic and straightforward. The recruiter asked some mental math questions and briefly asked about my resume and experiences. After that, I was invited to come in for a full round of interviews. I was interviewed by 4 people total. Each interview lasted approximately 40-45 minutes. After that, I had lunch with an ambassador and a few other applicants who were interviewing that day. I heard back from HR after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Name an impactful campaign you've seen lately. Tell me about it....
      Also, make sure you can articulate why you'd be a good fit for Starcom.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation whatsoever. They won't budge.