Starcom Worldwide Media Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starcom Worldwide Media Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Starcom Worldwide

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview

The phone screening was basic and straightforward. The recruiter asked some mental math questions and briefly asked about my resume and experiences. After that, I was invited to come in for a full round of interviews. I was interviewed by 4 people total. Each interview lasted approximately 40-45 minutes. After that, I had lunch with an ambassador and a few other applicants who were interviewing that day. I heard back from HR after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Name an impactful campaign you've seen lately. Tell me about it....
    Also, make sure you can articulate why you'd be a good fit for Starcom.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation whatsoever. They won't budge.

Other Interview Reviews for Starcom Worldwide

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

This is a very long process, so be prepared to wait. That being said, the interview experience, while intense, is a lot of fun for what it is. Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Behavioral questions and mental math questions are asked - very easy. If you move forward in the process you are invited into the office for a full day of interviews. You will meet with four employees (various levels of leadership) and have about 45 minutes with each. One right after the other. It is tiring, but stay on your game and it will be a great experience. I loved my interviewers and thought they were great. I also credit them for making me so excited about the position and the company. From there you are either recommended for hire or not. Then the waiting process begins for when you'll get an offer. After that, it's easy sailing to your (hopefully) dream job with this amazing company!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, per se. It just gets tiring after four hours of back-to-back interviews. Stay sharp and know how to best highlight your experiences/skills in different scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process consisted of two rounds. First round is a phone based screening with someone at a mid-level or senior management level. Questions are mostly focused on the background of the candidate and how their experiences fit into the Starcom culture. The second round consists of 3 separate in person interviews across various levels of management seniority. In person round consists of various rigorous questions to test media acumen, managerial skills, leadership and communications.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you did not have all the necessary data to complete the exercise and how did you overcome the lack of information to provide a solution.   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview, asked typical "tell me a time when.." questions, asked math related questions so make sure to have a calculator handy

Media Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview. If HR feels you meet the basic skill requirements, you'll be invited to interview in person with four people of varying levels on four different skill sets: communication, analytical/critical thinking, team work, innovation and creativity. Each interview lasts approximately 45 minutes, and concludes with lunch.

Interview Questions

• Questions will differ depending on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Really simple, don't sweat about it.
    - Just prep on why you want to work at Starcom - the whole "human experience".
    - Prep on your behavioral questions and know a couple of good ads that you have watched recently

Negotiation

no negotiation, pay is standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Contact from HR department to set up a phone interview a week later

Interview Questions

• Math Question: 1/3 of 100 in percent form. 20% of 100
      Experience working as a team?
      Biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in June 2011.

Interview

Intensive interview process. Met with 6 different people in the same day after completing a phone screening interview.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer anything from how do you motivate yourself to what is 10 percent of 500.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as this is entry level. All candidates are paid the same at this level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The process was very long. I applied online, heard back about a phone interview 3 months later. I had a full day of interviews 2 weeks after the phone interview. The interview consisted of 4 people one on one interviews ranging from media supervisors to directors. We were taken out to lunch after the interviews. Also, I had to submit a transcript from school.

Interview Questions

• Range of behavioral based questions, such as "Tell me about a time when you had to work through a problem with a team". Additional questions consisted of things like "Why media?" and "Why Starcom?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

HR Phone interview

Followed by in-person interviews
    4 consecutive, with rising levels of management, who then collectively give their grade/approval.

Interview Questions

• Challenges you faced in a team setting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none