Starr Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starr Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.5

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starr Companies.

Interview

I had several interviews over a course of a few days.
    One interview with IT manager/ one interview with CTO/ one interview with IT lead/ several interviews with other business managers

Interview Questions

• Do I feel comfortable being the single point of contact for IT requests/issues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starr Companies in June 2016.

Interview

Staffing agency got me the interview. So I interviewed with the agency then with Starr. It was a quick 1:1 interview. I could not send a follow up email because everything was through the agency.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to an onsite interview with a person from HR and a manager. The HR person was very nice and I enjoyed my interview experience with her. The manager barely looked at me during my interview with him and seemed uninterested the majority of the time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very straight forward. First, it was a brief phone interview and then an in-person interview where I was able to meet the rest of the team. Overall it was relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and you in your marketing role.   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Did not receive an email to confirm a date and time to interview. Received a call from HR randomly and within 2 hours had another interview with hiring manager. 2 weeks later had a face to face interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it?
      How will your current work experience assist you in this position?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starr Companies.

Interview

The interview was very simple and straight forward. No hard questions and mostly based on experiences in the past. After speaking to the recruiter on the phone Human Resources' sent me a offer letter.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral, was contacted within 1 week for an interview the following week. Interview consisted of 4, 30 min meetings- 1 with HR, 3 with managers/ directors/ people the position works under. I thought it was very well organized. It was great to meet with people I could potentially work with, as to get a better feel for what the position would actually be like. HR contacted me within a week of the in-person interview to request a background check and let me know they're putting together an offer for me. Seamless, easy process and great getting to know the people I could be working for.

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief email scheduling on site interview with HR, second round one week after. Two interview days were well planned and organized. Questions more focus on background and past experience. Unlike other reviews on associate program, I have very positive experience and HR is very professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Pick areas of interest, follow-up interview scheduling will based on candidate interest.   Answer Question

Underwriter Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starr Companies.

Interview

Initial basic phone call, followed up by more in depth call, followed by in person interview day. In Person interview day consisted of three interviews, a brief presentation, and a set of questions having to do with the company and random questions.

Human Resources is very unprofessional, doesn't know hot to properly treat people.

Clerical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies in July 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed here a few weeks ago. Figured the negatives reviews read through glassdoor were fiction. Well, I experienced this myself and have to say I give this company two thumbs down. HR silently blows you off and never replies to your calls nor emails on job status and if they will proceed with you, etc!. It comes with the territory. If you don't like the candidate then at least say so. Their process is very unprofessional. I would not recommend. Too bad!!