Starr Companies Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Starr Companies Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to an onsite interview with a person from HR and a manager. The HR person was very nice and I enjoyed my interview experience with her. The manager barely looked at me during my interview with him and seemed uninterested the majority of the time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very straight forward. First, it was a brief phone interview and then an in-person interview where I was able to meet the rest of the team. Overall it was relaxed and informal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and you in your marketing role.   1 Answer

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief email scheduling on site interview with HR, second round one week after. Two interview days were well planned and organized. Questions more focus on background and past experience. Unlike other reviews on associate program, I have very positive experience and HR is very professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Pick areas of interest, follow-up interview scheduling will based on candidate interest.   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral, was contacted within 1 week for an interview the following week. Interview consisted of 4, 30 min meetings- 1 with HR, 3 with managers/ directors/ people the position works under. I thought it was very well organized. It was great to meet with people I could potentially work with, as to get a better feel for what the position would actually be like. HR contacted me within a week of the in-person interview to request a background check and let me know they're putting together an offer for me. Seamless, easy process and great getting to know the people I could be working for.

Junior Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process commenced with a phone screen with Talent Acquisition Manager & then I was called in for an in-person interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager and HR Director. I thought the interview itself went well, as they mentioned they would follow up in regards to next steps but I never heard anything. Considering the reviews the HR department received on this site alone, I'm not surprised.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with HR And the hiring manager. Also ended up interviewing with a few other people in the group and the Chief Actuary. Good discussion about the role and what my contributions would be. Not a lot of technical questions but more of a general discussion on my prior work history and skills. Ended up going to lunch with the hiring manager and also coming back the next week to meet with an executive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and notified within a few weeks to come in. Went in and spoke with just one manager. Very respectful and straight forward about the job. Laid out all of the day to day challenges one may face and the salary that was offered. Took me around and showed me the different departments of the office.

Interview Questions

• Probably the basic knowledge of risk management. And some background info on the company itself and who they cover.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional series of interviews I had so far in my career. First interview was cancelled a few hours before on the day of due to a scheduling conflict (good thing I often check my emails). Second attempt, I arrived on time only to be told to come back in two hors due to yet another scheduling conflict. When I finally met with the HR representative, the interviewer was insulting stating that the company was looking for a "mature" worker, "not some 20 something year old" to help support the team and back-up support the senior executive. (Let's put it this way: if it was not for a tight job market, I would have completely blown off the follow-up interview.) Second interviewer was at least pleasant and on time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain one of my bullets on my resume regarding one of my previous positions.   1 Answer

Didn't appreciate the ageist tone of my first interview. I also know two former employees who commented the company in general was not supportive off its employees.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I had two back to back interviews on the same day. I met with a woman in HR and she asked me questions about my resume. She also asked me behavioral questions. This part of the interview lasted 30 minutes. Then, I met with an underwriter working in the profit center for which I had applied. We talked more about the internship details, and I was able to ask him more questions about the company and the position. This part of the interview also lasted about thirty minutes. The entire interview was very easy and straight forward. No surprises or trick questions. Both interviewers were very outgoing and made me feel very comfortable. I received an offer about 6 weeks later and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever submitted an assignment late? What did you do?   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Starr Companies (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. I had an interview with HR that was more about them tell me about the position. When I met with line managers it was much more about how comfortable they felt with you as a person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations