Starwood Hotels & Resorts Externship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Externship Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I learned of this opportunity through a recruiter on my college campus. I gave her a resume and received a call about scheduling an on-campus interview. The interview was very straightforward and had many behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2016.

Interview

I knew about this externship through Starwood information session at my school. Applied online, received email within a week. First interview with a HR in person, took about 30 minutes. Within 5 days, received the second email for video interview, took about 30 minutes as well. Wait for a month to get the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you led by example to inspire or influence your associate or colleagues?   Answer Question

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was very straightforward and no curve balls. They just wanted to get to know you. The lady was very nice that interviewed me. It was held at my college.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in any stressful situations and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Overall very friendly and straight forward. Did not seem to take the stress test interview approach which I appreciated greatly. The interviewer was willing to answer my questions and seemed genuinely interested in deciding if I would be a good fit for the company. It was a good experience and helped me get a little flavor for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with a list of desired locations you would like to work. Make sure they have a hotel there.   Answer Question

Externship Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in September 2010.

Interview

I first went and spoke with someone at my universities career fair. I then was offered to go to one of their outreach meetings, in which about 30 candidates were informed about Starwood and the different brands and culture they offer. I was then given an interview time-slot. I was asked behavioral style questions about my previous experience.

Externship Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview to set up 1:1 interview.
    It was good to have non-HR people come and interview me.
    They were friendly and professional.
    they asked me some basic behavior related questions related to your service experience.
    Then, they asked me my department & geographic preferences.

Interview Questions

• did you have any conflict with co-workers?
      how did you fix it?   1 Answer