Starwood Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

amazing interview process! many people to talk to, they ask great questions and make the candidate comfortable. i did phone interviews and FaceTime interviews because I was in another state at the time, but the team was really enthusiastic and easy to work with to get the interviews done

Interview Questions

• asked me about why i chose hospitality and hotels   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 managers for about 30 minutes and they asked me a series of basic interview questions that are standard to Starwood hotels and resorts. They asked me about my experience and if i had any questions for them to end the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a manager or supervisor asked you to do something you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Applied online and 2 days later received phone call and had a mini phone interview going over resume and job experiences. Next day went in met with a HR manager about past jobs. Got to go on to meet with 2 department managers 30 minutes later who asked questions about job scenarios and how they were handled.

Interview Questions

• Be specific with answers based on previous experience and what makes you stand out from other applicants   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set rate

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I was first contacted by their Human Resource coordinator and had a mini phone interview. After that I had my in person interview with their Director of Front Office and a supervisor, the whole interview took about 30-40 minute or so. It was all behavioral questions so make sure you have examples that you want to use before heading in. After that I had another mini interview with their hotel manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I found was "Why should we hire you, and not the rest of the other candidates."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, it was a set rate.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, asked what I know about company....why Starwood? Then got a cal the next day from Manager, set up interview a day later. Came in and interviewed with Manager & Supervisor for around 30 minutes. They then had me meet with another Dept Head for a 5 minute one-on-one. Finally, they had me meet with HR to go over final details of position before accepting contingent offer that same day. Took about 2 hours total for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. EX: Tell me about a time you handled adversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New Orleans, LA) in April 2013.

Interview

I found out about the job opening on school business facebook page. Sent in my email directly to the address listed on April 4th. Got a call on April 8,2013 from front office manager for interview with her on April 9,2013 at 1:00p.m. Got to the interview talked about customer service and what would I do if I had an unhappy guest. By 2:45 p.m. April 9,2013 I received a call offering me the position as a part-timer that can be full-time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none pay is $11.00 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Filled out app online, recieved a call back about 3 days later to come in for a interview. I interviewed with the front desk supervisor, director of rooms and hiring manager. they all took turns asking me questions- tell me about youself- why did you leave you last job- what is customer service to you- if a customer complained about not recieving some extra towles what would you do- what does hospitality mean to you and a handful of behavorial/expereince questions. after that i was asked to roleplay selling them a pair of name brand pants. they then asked if i had any questions (which you should always have some prepared) and asked if i had a shift preference. The first interview lasted 1 1/2 hrs. they said they would be calling me back. About 3 days later received call to come in for second interview with 2 more front desk supervisors. they asked the sames questions so i guess they wanted to feel me out to see if they liked my personality- lasted 30mins. The next day received a call to email 3 professional references. My references was called that same day- I was called about 5/6 weeks (yes WEEKS) later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• unexpected question asked was if someone out of state was staying at the hotel and asked what were some great family owned restaraunts what would you recommend   Answer Question

Negotiation

none pay was 10.50-11.50 per hr period

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Westwood, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

honestly one of the worst interviewing processes ive encountered. was called back for 5 interviews. spread out over a 3 month period of time met with everyone from the manager of the front desk agents to the director of operations of the hotel and even the manager of multiple W locations and at the end of the entire process was simply called and told i did not get an offer and good luck

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Behavioral interview. They ask a series of questions and you give detailed explanation of a time and the outcome of the situation. Make sure to give specific details of the situation. How did you react and how did the others respond to your reaction.

Interview Questions

• In your workplace it is sometimes hard to cooperate other coworkers. Describe a time you had a hard time dealing with a coworker and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in November 2012.

Interview

First did my research and then went on-site to drop my resume off.
     I was called by HR a week later.
    Had interview asking experience and personalty question.
    I had a background check and then job was offered.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and Hi to work for us.   1 Answer