Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.8

Income Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Meeting with the recruiter at career fair. Applied online. The HR scheduled an initial discussion for the position and had a formal interview with DOF and SMOF. The first discussion is really quick and she will ask if you can accept of the salary of *** and then I meet with DOF to talk about the position a little bit. He told me at the end of the discussion that we will schedule another formal interview next week. Please be prepare to the behavior based question. They ask at least 10.

Interview Questions

• All behavior based question. Last question is :Tell us why would they chose you rather than other candidates.   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR first. A few days later a one on one interview was set up with general manager and manager. Interview was mostly focused on how to handle a certain situation. One on one interview last about 40 minutes.

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position through the online application system and heard from an HR representative about three weeks later. I was asked to come in for an interview (this key word will be important later) by HR for the Westin Hotel in the Houston Galleria. What I wasn't told is that this "interview" was just one of those "tell me about your qualifications" things that could have easily been completed over the phone. What's worse is it seemed as though the woman who "interviewed" me had not even read my resume as I was talking! You can tell the difference between the response of someone when your elaborating on something versus them hearing it for the first time...I experienced the second one. However, after about ten minutes of back & forth dialogue she did seem impressed. She then proceed to tell me about the culture and that many administrative assistant go one to be promoted to managers and the like. This sounded promised to me and she offered me the position...then she said that the position starts at $13.00/hr with benefits starting after 90 days. At that point I quite frankly asked had she even looked at my online application. There not only do they ask you have much your CURRENT pay is but also what you expect to be paid. I asked her how could she expect someone who gets paid more currently to accept that offer? She had no answer to that but said it's "industry standard pay" so I politely declined. I felt as though the entire experience was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

The pay was 13.00/hr and benefits were not offered until after 90 days. No.

Room Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I received a call from the hotel about 2 weeks after applying. The HR manager gave me a phone interview that consisted of 3 questions (describe yourself in three words, why do you want to work for this hotel, weaknesses/strengths). After I answered the questions, I was told that she would speak with the manager and I will hear back from her if I qualify for the position. A few days later I received a call to set up an interview. I met with the restaurant manager as well as a supervisor and they gave me a behavioral interview. After that, I received a call the next day to set up another interview in which I was interviewed by the Director of food and beverage. After that interview, he left the room and spoke with the HR manager. A few moments later, he offered me the position and I was given a form and instructions to get a drug test done. I had up to a week to complete it, but I ended up getting it done in 1 day. After that, I had to wait for my drug test and background check to clear. I got a call that everything came back fine. Came back the next day and completed all of my paperwork, received my clock-in card, parking permit etc. Was given a walk-through of the property and asked when was the soonest I could start working.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you went above and beyond to please a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.