Starwood Hotels & Resorts Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There was a phone screening at first. Lasted a couple minutes brief finance questions. Then they called back asking for an in person interview. Went to the interview lasted about 2 hours. 3 different groups came in consisting of 2 people for 45 minutes and interviewed me asking general questions. Then specific finance questions. What is a sunk cost? What 2 financial statements are the most helpful? If you want to open a new business what things do you look for before you pick a location?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through college recruiting website
    Was contacting for an on campus interview
    The interview was SUPER quick (about 10 mins) and the interviewer did not seem interested in what I was saying
    Heard from other classmates that their interviewer was rude and uninterested
    Answered their two behavioral questions and a few background questions and left
    Was not interested in job very much after interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (State College, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick 25 minute interview over the phone. Mostly behavioral questions. Very personable. Asked several technical questions about my education and my GPA. Did not seem overly interested in my grades but rather my work experience which is great.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you faced a problem during your work experience and how did you handle it? When did you exceed past expectations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2015.

Interview

Very basic.
    1 phone interview and 1 virtual interview. They had very basic questions, mostly behavioral. This was a first virtual interview I took, which I think could have been a 1:1 interview but wasn't too bad. They just want to know how you are as a person and if you would fit with the company culture. No technical questions were asked for internship.
    Some questions they asked me - Why Starwood, why sales and marketing, a time you went above and beyond your duty, a time you had to deal with an upset customer, time - management and a good/bad group experience and how you handled it.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral - Challenges, leadership and time management related   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of multiple steps. They look at resumes and applications and then contact those who they are interested in. Then from there they conduct phone interviews to screen candidates. If you successfully pass the phone screening, then you are invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with six different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• They had behavioral interview questions (i.e. tell me a time when...).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Lafayette, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to career fair on campus, and they gave me an interview. On-campus interview the next day or so.

During the interview: there were about 5 or 6 STAR questions (behavioral-based Qs), so have detailed answers prepared. They ask if you can relocate, which is important.

They usually get back to you within a couple of months, but if the interview went well, they will generally give you positive feedback at the end of it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult situation, and how did you resolve it?
      Name a time when you demonstrated leadership with a team.
      Explain a situation where you went above and beyond your normal job duties.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I only have been interviewed once, which was a bsic motivational interview with no hard questions, I am still waiting to hearing from them

Intern Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview - mostly behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). Some interviewers will throw in their own questions, but nothing out of the ordinary - ie top 3 strengths and weaknesses. Be prepared to tell them what locations you could work in - obviously the more options you can give, the better the chance that they can find a property for you.

Application

Interview

Pretty simple, most questions are to find out about fit and capabilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Internship position, salary non-negotiable

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview

Two interviews from the HR manager and the front office manager. The interview was at the lobby lounge, it makes interviewers very comfortable and relaxed. The managers are also very nice and polite. The overall feeling was really impressive and I was really impressive by how Starwoods treats their guests and employees. The best hotel interview I've had so far.