Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (White Plains, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy but had to interview with several people. The questions were all the same, a better option an interview panel. It was redundant.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR first. A few days later a one on one interview was set up with general manager and manager. Interview was mostly focused on how to handle a certain situation. One on one interview last about 40 minutes.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR interviews all employees. Interviewing for a department they have no experience in is entertaining. They Interview is based on providing specific examples. They ask several questions and want you to recall specific examples that you experienced that were similar. For example, recall a time you were recognized for an accomplishment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way you handled an unhappy guest   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Interview

It was pleasant, not intimidating and inviting.

Interview Questions

• What was the most stressful situation I have experienced.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hired on the spot.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process includes a very standardized Behavioral Interview conducted in person or over the phone my two managers who are certified in the BI technique. You will be asked to describe situational events that help the interviewers get a sense of how you handle stressful situations, customer interactions and assume leadership roles. My process was very smooth and I was moved quickly through the interview process which included face to face meetings with leadership and peers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to assume responsibility for accomplishing a task that you were not initially responsible for?   Answer Question

Interview

Face to face interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Spoke to HR first, then Management team. Easy going. Another interview followed with the Director of Operations days later. Then the offer was sent out next day. Asked me to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself growing with this company?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Behavioral Interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interview Questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

not available

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with hiring manager, followed by 2 hour in person interview with several members of team at varying levels (including peers). This was broken into several smaller segments - an hour with hiring manager and her supervisor was primarily behavioral (answering generic questions read from a paper asked of all candidates); 30 minutes each with the Director and peers that were much more informal - cultural and personality fit evaluations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you think your last supervisor would describe as your three top strengths and three weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verbal offer telephonically. Then it took several weeks to get a written offer due to HR red tape. The whole process was about a month.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Alll of starwood's interviews are behavior based. They asked about past experiences rather than the standard strength and weaknesses questions.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time you had to confront a superior member of the company and how did it go?   Answer Question

Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Eatontown, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

very professional interviews on the phone and then 2 in person, first with the gm, then with the regional VP and then finally the hr team. A very extensive tour of the facility and then a tour of the competition. I was quite impressed and was made to feel very welcome. Tom and Dan did an outstanding job in making me feel welcome and comfortable

Interview Questions

• a balance between hands on ability and management prowess.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very professional and fair