Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Revenue Interview

Interview

It was with HR and Director of Revenue, as well as the VP of revenue for the company. First they make you apply online, then call you for an interview, based on your experience.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was a two part interview process. The first one was with the director who did more of a Behavioral and Job Specific interview. Nothing was incredibly detailed, but they wanted to get an idea of what I knew prior.

The second interview was a general HR behavioral interview, followed by the job details (Pay, benefits, etc)

Interview Questions

• They looked for how you've helped a guest or someone in a difficult work experience and got past it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Started with applying online with 15 questions than the HR called me, than Director and I had a long Phone interview, Meeting via skype, behavioral questions (STAR) format, Hired within 5 days and started 2 weeks later, I was a currently a starwood employee when I interviewed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make and the steps you took   Answer Question

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

Very technical as far as to what you should already know as an engineer doing facility work. You talk to a talent coach and do a personality interview. Then after all that is done they send yo u to a drug test.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR interviews all employees. Interviewing for a department they have no experience in is entertaining. They Interview is based on providing specific examples. They ask several questions and want you to recall specific examples that you experienced that were similar. For example, recall a time you were recognized for an accomplishment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way you handled an unhappy guest   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online for other companies and locations, instead i got called from them, so I guess they check who is looking for a job in the market. First a phone interview with hr manager, then second phone interview with hr director, then they flew me in to meet hotel gm, and i was interviewd from gm, hotel manager, director fb, owner representative, and had another phone interview with a representative of the brand of the restaurant. They screened me!

Interview Questions

• Past experiences with details, what is good customer service, what makes a good team good, leadership style, what would i do if i was given the job, how would i make more money for the restaurant, how would i motivate the team   Answer Question

Customer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then call from Hiring manager. After in person interview with hiring manager and 3 other members of the larger team. Finally, small analytics test that lasted about 1 hour.

Omni Hotels Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

If your application is accepted, you'll receive a call from HR the interviewer will speak with you getting a feel for your experience, then they will extend an invitation for the in person interview, which you'll be interviewed by a panel of two or three persons. Once you've gone through this process, they'll advise you on the next step for hiring. With in a day or two the hiring supervisor will call you and speak with you and offer the job, if you accept they'll welcome you to the Omni family. After this step is completed HR will send you via email documentation to sign for the required background check, which takes two to three days for return, once that comes back and you pass they'll set up your start date.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy about the position being offered?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

First you meet with the HR manager to do a behavioral interview. Once you are selected to move on, a presentation in front of a panel is required. The panel is made up of general managers and directors of HR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in November 2016.

Interview

Filled out application received link to complete assessment next day did phone interview which took about 10 mins if that during call was asked if I could do the computer part of assessment next day after

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an angry Customer how did I defuse situation and make Customer happpy   Answer Question