Starwood Hotels & Resorts Front Office Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Front Office Manager Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Applied and was called for interview with hiring manager and HR. Called back for interview with hotel manager then general manager. process took two weeks to finish and month until i started.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I believe as most companies do, HR will pull applicants that are referrals above any other applicant. So it would be a good idea to get to know someone who works for the company. Once you get in, HR will do a simply pre-screening interview. The next interview will be with the HR manager, then if you're invited back, it will be with the department head.

Interview Questions

• They will ask behavioral type questions; the ones that typically start with the phrase, "Tell me about a time..." They will range from tasks/goals you've accomplished to dealing with difficult guests/associates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After your interviews, they will send you an offer letter where you can either accept, decline, or negotiate. Always negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring process took 3 months. As an out of state external candidate I began by filling out an on-line application, then I had a telephone meet & greet with the human resources manager. The next step was a skype interview with the DOO and HR manager for the property I was applying for. After that they invited me for a face to face interview on property. They hosted me during the interview process. A CJO was extended.

Interview Questions

• Not many. Must be comfortable with behavior interviewing. Must be able to provide a Situation, action to the situation, and result of the situation for various questions. Details and specifics are a must. Teamwork, going above and beyond, unhappy guests, management challenges are all common questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a minimum, mid, and max for every position. Don't accept the first offer without negotiating. Even if negotiations aren't salary based, negotiate relocation or benefits.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2011.

Interview

Human Resource called me and asked some general questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2010.

Interview

It was very challenging and time consuming. I had to meet with several people over the period of 3 weeks. The questions were very repetitive. Some interviwers were better than others.

Interview Questions

• WHy do you want to work with Starwood?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about this particular Starwood hotel brand?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just accepted what I was offered.