Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.7

Omni Hotels Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

If your application is accepted, you'll receive a call from HR the interviewer will speak with you getting a feel for your experience, then they will extend an invitation for the in person interview, which you'll be interviewed by a panel of two or three persons. Once you've gone through this process, they'll advise you on the next step for hiring. With in a day or two the hiring supervisor will call you and speak with you and offer the job, if you accept they'll welcome you to the Omni family. After this step is completed HR will send you via email documentation to sign for the required background check, which takes two to three days for return, once that comes back and you pass they'll set up your start date.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy about the position being offered?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

First you meet with the HR manager to do a behavioral interview. Once you are selected to move on, a presentation in front of a panel is required. The panel is made up of general managers and directors of HR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in November 2016.

Interview

Filled out application received link to complete assessment next day did phone interview which took about 10 mins if that during call was asked if I could do the computer part of assessment next day after

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an angry Customer how did I defuse situation and make Customer happpy   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by the hiring manager for a brief phone screen and was then invited for an on-site interview. Easy, pro-forma questions. Nice discussion with hiring manager and frank disclosure of the pros and cons of the job. Brief tour of the property and working area. Offered job during interview.

Interview Questions

• Standardized pro-forma questions provided by HR or corporate. Easy for anyone with minimal employment experience.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

1. First round is Group discussion, 10 interviewers vs. 10 candidates. We were asked to discuss a topic and present at the end.
    2. Meet with property director, 2 interviewers vs. 4-5 candidates. Questions about experience and behaviors.
    3. Meet with area director, why Starwood, and whether mobility is accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you see standard operation procedures
      2. Why starwood
      3. Why sales & marketing
      4. If your boss asks you to do something that you feel is not right, what would you do
      5. Attitudes towards mobility
      6. Group discussion: use the materials to protect an egg from breaking after fall to the ground / use the materials to create a scenery project and present   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Did a phone interview. The whole interview involved behavioral questions. Always looking for the solution and what you learned from the situation. Questions geared towards how you interact with guests under different situations. It was a very standard interview. Later, did an in-person interview, which was much more casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you exceeded a guest's expectations.   Answer Question

Learning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to fill up a form and after that had to answer a few behavioural questions, like those you usually get in most interviews, for e.g. asking you about your previous work experiences etc

Externship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I learned of this opportunity through a recruiter on my college campus. I gave her a resume and received a call about scheduling an on-campus interview. The interview was very straightforward and had many behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2016.

Interview

I knew about this externship through Starwood information session at my school. Applied online, received email within a week. First interview with a HR in person, took about 30 minutes. Within 5 days, received the second email for video interview, took about 30 minutes as well. Wait for a month to get the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you led by example to inspire or influence your associate or colleagues?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was great process and very fair. The questions were well thought out and provided me the opportunity to share my experiences and give my ideas for what I can do for the current role.