Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.7

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

1. First round is Group discussion, 10 interviewers vs. 10 candidates. We were asked to discuss a topic and present at the end.
    2. Meet with property director, 2 interviewers vs. 4-5 candidates. Questions about experience and behaviors.
    3. Meet with area director, why Starwood, and whether mobility is accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you see standard operation procedures
      2. Why starwood
      3. Why sales & marketing
      4. If your boss asks you to do something that you feel is not right, what would you do
      5. Attitudes towards mobility
      6. Group discussion: use the materials to protect an egg from breaking after fall to the ground / use the materials to create a scenery project and present
      Answer Question

Learning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to fill up a form and after that had to answer a few behavioural questions, like those you usually get in most interviews, for e.g. asking you about your previous work experiences etc

Externship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I learned of this opportunity through a recruiter on my college campus. I gave her a resume and received a call about scheduling an on-campus interview. The interview was very straightforward and had many behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2016.

Interview

I knew about this externship through Starwood information session at my school. Applied online, received email within a week. First interview with a HR in person, took about 30 minutes. Within 5 days, received the second email for video interview, took about 30 minutes as well. Wait for a month to get the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you led by example to inspire or influence your associate or colleagues?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was great process and very fair. The questions were well thought out and provided me the opportunity to share my experiences and give my ideas for what I can do for the current role.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Very short. I applied one day. A few days later, I received a call from HR. I initially applied through Starwood's online career site. This portion was fairly easy and took maybe 20 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you had to work as a team when everybody was under pressure and stressed.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview, and they asked many of their questions in the STAR format. This stands for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. They will ask you about a situation where you made a hard decision and had to analyze your options, and tell the what the result was and what you learned.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

amazing interview process! many people to talk to, they ask great questions and make the candidate comfortable. i did phone interviews and FaceTime interviews because I was in another state at the time, but the team was really enthusiastic and easy to work with to get the interviews done

Interview Questions

• asked me about why i chose hospitality and hotels   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Interview

It was a great process, first class candidate experience, good interview questions and an overall great experience. I would hope that ever candidate that interviewed with them was treated the way I was but their executive HR and recruiting team.

Reservation Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview was very personal. It was directed at my needs. How the company could help meet my goals. Benefiting my plans for travel and hospitality to any place in the world at the Hotels across the globe. I developed wonderful friendships and while maintaining a positive outlook on life.