Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Senior Vice President Interview

Interview

It was a great process, first class candidate experience, good interview questions and an overall great experience. I would hope that ever candidate that interviewed with them was treated the way I was but their executive HR and recruiting team.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview was very personal. It was directed at my needs. How the company could help meet my goals. Benefiting my plans for travel and hospitality to any place in the world at the Hotels across the globe. I developed wonderful friendships and while maintaining a positive outlook on life.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and fair. I applied online and had a phone screening with HR, followed by a panel on the phone, followed by in person interviews with the entire team. Communication was clear and everyone was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - personality and situation based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Went in for a face to face interview then had to go back in to take an assessment (basically to see how well you can multi task) then they graded that and decided whether you got hired or not based upon your performance on the assessment. The assessment was fairly easy and took about an hour. Once we got hired on a group of us went to go over paperwork and fill it out.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me the day after I applied, set up an interview for the following day. I interviewed with Lexi who was extremely sweet, and the interview went very smoothly. She allowed me to pick my assessment day (2 days later, because of my current work schedule), and the assessment went great, also! Porsha, the assessment coordinator, knew exactly what she was doing. Although she warned me that the software might be a bit slow, it went very fast. I was in there for maaaybe 30 minutes. I go in for my drug test today, and start the 20th!

Interview Questions

• Pretty usual interview questions; Proudest moment, hardest moment, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary, really.   Answer Question

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

It is an disappointed interview for me. The first interview was going very smooth. But the second, there an assessment needs to take. At beginning of the test everything is okay, and after awhile my test software stopped working. I been waiting almost an hour to get it fixed, during that time I have been changed at least 6 computer. I do think this is affect my test score.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There was a phone screening at first. Lasted a couple minutes brief finance questions. Then they called back asking for an in person interview. Went to the interview lasted about 2 hours. 3 different groups came in consisting of 2 people for 45 minutes and interviewed me asking general questions. Then specific finance questions. What is a sunk cost? What 2 financial statements are the most helpful? If you want to open a new business what things do you look for before you pick a location?

Banquets Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

A number of yes or no questions pertaining to the basic needs of the position. Can you work holidays? Lift a certain amount of weight? etc

then the behavioral interview is 5 questions about a time you were a leader, faced difficult situations, and worked as a team

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you faced a difficult situation with a guest and how you acted to turn that guest around?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I was offered my first interview at a college career fair. The first interview was in person. There were a few generic questions about my resume and then about three situational questions where they are looking for the STAR response (Situation, Task, Action, Result). A little over a week later I was contacted via email to conduct a second interview. This interview was through a virtual program where a question was presented and then your response was recorded. There were about six questions and most of them were looking for a STAR response as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you provided exceptional guest service.   Answer Question

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was very straightforward and no curve balls. They just wanted to get to know you. The lady was very nice that interviewed me. It was held at my college.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in any stressful situations and how did you handle them?   Answer Question