Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.7

Beach and Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief phone screen with HR. Then had one in person interview with hiring manager. Interview consisted of 5-6 behavioral questions. After that waited for background check results and had to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond expected requirements to provide service to a customer?

2. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, how did you handle the situation?
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

2 rounds overall, one for tech side and one for behavior. All the interviewers are nice and helpful, willing to share background, and introduce personal duties and company culture. Overall it is a smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience. What kind of tools you used before to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Catering Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview to meet with the head of the Catering Sales team, then in the same sitting, additional managers that I would be assigned to support in this role also came in to interview me. It was an intense and comprehensive process where the interviewee should be able to answer basic sales-related questions, but was very quick because it appeared that they needed immediate hire.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I first had a brief phone interview that asked basic questions. The questions were very general mainly based on you providing a breakdown of your educational background, work history, and overall experience. I then had an interview with the hiring manager for the whole city. Most questions were behavioral in nature. I then had to interview with the DHR and HRM at the hotel I applied for. These questions were again behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you're proud of?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Stamford, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, had communicated with someone in HR via email, had a few calls with HR first then has a phone interview with Director on team. Next step was to meet with Executives in person. The overall process took 1-2 months. It was fairly average, felt comfortable, team seemed very interested in me as a person. More positive experience than most.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this role?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Weakness/strength
      Tell me about yourself
      Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

fair

Reservation Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Three character interviews on the computer, One face to face. You would apply online, they they would seen you an assesment that you would have to complete, they would call you in for an interview and if you passed that you would have another skills test. When you passed that they would have to do the drug screen, background and then upon completion they would give you your start date of training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to rally a group of individuals to do a single task? What was the out come.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was in a isolated office in a one on one setting, there was no negotiation it was simply can you work 40 hrs a week and is 13.00hr good for you.

Digital Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Stamford, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initially HR representative called for phone screening, followed by group interview in Stamford office, followed by 1-1 interview in Stamford office. They made an offer 2 weeks after the interview.

Income Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Meeting with the recruiter at career fair. Applied online. The HR scheduled an initial discussion for the position and had a formal interview with DOF and SMOF. The first discussion is really quick and she will ask if you can accept of the salary of *** and then I meet with DOF to talk about the position a little bit. He told me at the end of the discussion that we will schedule another formal interview next week. Please be prepare to the behavior based question. They ask at least 10.

Interview Questions

• All behavior based question. Last question is :Tell us why would they chose you rather than other candidates.   Answer Question

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with four managers. It was a great friendly and positive interview. Had great questions and focused was on the skills and the type of person you are. As far as how do you work under pressure or stress, do you have the ability to learn quickly and do you have the appropriate skills for this position?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was a three step interview process. The first being a phone, screening interview. The second a 30-45 minute behavioral interview. The last a panel interview with the directors of the revenue management office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had meet a deadline but knew you would not be able to. How did you/would you handle the situation?   1 Answer