Starwood Hotels & Resorts Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2016

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

First you meet with the HR manager to do a behavioral interview. Once you are selected to move on, a presentation in front of a panel is required. The panel is made up of general managers and directors of HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

1. First round is Group discussion, 10 interviewers vs. 10 candidates. We were asked to discuss a topic and present at the end.
    2. Meet with property director, 2 interviewers vs. 4-5 candidates. Questions about experience and behaviors.
    3. Meet with area director, why Starwood, and whether mobility is accepted.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you see standard operation procedures
      2. Why starwood
      3. Why sales & marketing
      4. If your boss asks you to do something that you feel is not right, what would you do
      5. Attitudes towards mobility
      6. Group discussion: use the materials to protect an egg from breaking after fall to the ground / use the materials to create a scenery project and present
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I was offered my first interview at a college career fair. The first interview was in person. There were a few generic questions about my resume and then about three situational questions where they are looking for the STAR response (Situation, Task, Action, Result). A little over a week later I was contacted via email to conduct a second interview. This interview was through a virtual program where a question was presented and then your response was recorded. There were about six questions and most of them were looking for a STAR response as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you provided exceptional guest service.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Starwood came to recruit at my university for Management in Training position. The questions were solely behavioral and very standardized. The next step was a skype interview and then following was an offer. The recruiters were nice but I wished they got to know my personality and asked other questions besides just behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker or boss. What happened and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

I received another offer that I wanted more.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview

Completed the online application prior to the company coming to my university's career fair. Due to inclement weather, our on-campus interview turned into a phone interview. The recruiter I spoke to asked about my preferences for location and departments and then proceeded to ask behavioral questions. Got to the second round of questions which were available through an online service, was given up to 3 chances to re-record.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict that you had with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The offer was not for the position above but for a direct hire. Due to unforseen circumstances, I could not accept the position at that time.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2013.

Interview

This was a behavioral interview. Most of the questions revolved around team work and leadership roles. Many of the questions are very similar so be sure that you have several different situations to draw upon. The interviewer has a book of questions that he uses to interview everyone and he summarizes your responses in the book. The interview was approximately 45 minutes.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the Regional Office got back to me and shared my resume with hotels across the region. Got plenty of emails from lots of hotels and interviewed for 3 on skype. Interview is pretty "dumb" respect to other hotel companies I have applied for.

Interview Questions

Position sounded good but salary was absolutely ridiculous.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Applied through campus, took a month and so and got a call to schedule my first interview with HR Director, the had a second interview with the F&B Director and the last interview was with the GM, but during the process they changed their mind and decided that they were not looking for a F&B trainee but Housekeeper trainee, so I declined the offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you felt you might loose control of your self and explain how you reacted?   Answer Question

They didn't offer what I was looking for

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2012.

Interview

Applied on my university's career net. Got accept for an interview. The company came for an info session and I had my interview the next day. The interview was 45 minutes long, and I was asked mostly behavioral questions. After the interview, the interviewer said I would be contacted in 2-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is a system you implemented at a previous workplace?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer would take a copy of your resume and ask you to tell him about your past experiences based on your resume, you did all of the talking.

There were about 5-6 behavioral questions such as:

1) Tell me about a time when you and another person could not reach a decision and it was challenging for you.
    2) Tell me about a time when you had to take on responsibility of a situation when you did not have to.
    3) Tell me about a time where you initiated something that improved the customer experience.

Basically they are looking for you to give a specific STAR response, Situation, Task, Action, and Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and another person could not reach a decision and it was challenging for you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take on responsibility of a situation when you did not have to.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you initiated something that improved the customer experience.   Answer Question