Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions in New York City, NY

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

Very technical as far as to what you should already know as an engineer doing facility work. You talk to a talent coach and do a personality interview. Then after all that is done they send yo u to a drug test.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online for other companies and locations, instead i got called from them, so I guess they check who is looking for a job in the market. First a phone interview with hr manager, then second phone interview with hr director, then they flew me in to meet hotel gm, and i was interviewd from gm, hotel manager, director fb, owner representative, and had another phone interview with a representative of the brand of the restaurant. They screened me!

Interview Questions

• Past experiences with details, what is good customer service, what makes a good team good, leadership style, what would i do if i was given the job, how would i make more money for the restaurant, how would i motivate the team   Answer Question

Customer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then call from Hiring manager. After in person interview with hiring manager and 3 other members of the larger team. Finally, small analytics test that lasted about 1 hour.

Learning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to fill up a form and after that had to answer a few behavioural questions, like those you usually get in most interviews, for e.g. asking you about your previous work experiences etc

Externship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I learned of this opportunity through a recruiter on my college campus. I gave her a resume and received a call about scheduling an on-campus interview. The interview was very straightforward and had many behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   1 Answer

Catering Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview to meet with the head of the Catering Sales team, then in the same sitting, additional managers that I would be assigned to support in this role also came in to interview me. It was an intense and comprehensive process where the interviewee should be able to answer basic sales-related questions, but was very quick because it appeared that they needed immediate hire.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Newark, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a two part interview on the same day. First was with the HR manager at the hotel and then with the hotel General Manager. The interview was fairly stress free as both the HR manager and General Manager were both very friendly. It was one of the longer interviews I've had, lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experience and how I handled specific employee discipline issues in the past.   Answer Question

Starwood Externship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the recruiter for half a hour. Pretty standard interview as she asks questions from a packet, and you answer them accordingly. It took a little over a month to hear back, which was via email due to the fact that the university I attend was the first one to be visited.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Two rounds:
    1. First round is a 30-minute behavioral interview, with questions about previous work experience, and some mini-case questions on my thoughts of some industry trends.
    2. Second round is a full-day interview based in Stamfored HQ. Met with several teams in the function I applied to and discuss the summer project. Very conversational - great opportunity to ask questions and learn about the project. At the end of day, we were asked to rank the project in terms of our preference.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume
      2. What do you think about soft brands?   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Conversational, got along well with the interviewer. Common interview questions asked. There was test and 3 rounds of interviews. Be well prepared and you should be fine. Also they will discuss company benefits at the second interview. All in all a very pleasant experience.