Starwood Hotels & Resorts Reservations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Reservations Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS).

Interview

First I was called in for interview , the interview was brief lasting about 10 minutes of that, the next step was a computer assessment, upon passing that was a U.A. and background check...I was offered the position but later offer was withdrawn due to a 4 year old misdemeanor

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you suggested they do something differently in a job setting..Was it implemented?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Employee in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Fall River, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Do a test on line then get called for a phone interview. You then come in and take a test on the computer. Then you are offered the job. You then have a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any experience with with customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

You must come in and do a simple online test that requires very little actual skill above using a computer and search engines. You then interview with one of the HR personnel which is quick and painless. It doesn't take much to impress them so a college degree did the trick for me. You must do a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview in order to be considered a friend did not do this so she ended up getting offer rescinded. Very typical I was hired within less than 2 weeks. They have classes going constantly for reservation specialists the hours are pretty horrible so a lot of people do not stay there for the long term. If you know someone in management that can get you a better position and promoted more quickly that is very helpful as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from someone who needed to cancel a reservation due to a sudden death in the family and how do you handle a call like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none it was pretty much take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is long. There are two separate interviews and you must also complete a prior to hire online test. And you must complete a drug screen. The first interview you mostly just answer questions about what hours you are available (my suggestion is to say you are always available) and the second interview you answer simple behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it in a professional manner.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy Process , they need to know your knowledge on computers and you listen to a monitored call and just how its done when you are on an actual call . Protect the privacy of each customer when they are dealing with credit cards . Then you go on training which is in the comfort of your own home after one day of orientation and submission of requirements. They provide you of all the things you need for the job .

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer and disgruntled one ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in May 2012.

Interview

They start with a phone behavorial interview asking very basic questions based on customer service. Next, you go into the office to listen to an agent take phone calls. After that, they ask if you are still interested and offer the position.

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2012.

Interview

Fairly easy and laidback. It began with a prescreen phone call, then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Interview was behavioral in nature with about 5 or 6 questions asked. General situational questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you faced a conflict on a team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Received a call to schedule a phone interview a day or two after I submitted the application. Phone interview took 15-20 minutes, and was pretty routine, mostly asked about ability to use a computer and sit at a desk for 8 hours. Face-to-face interview came next: sat at a computer and typed up responses to questions (this was timed, 20 minutes, some people had to do this step over), then sat on the floor and listened to some calls.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you turned what would have been a negative experience to a positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They pay everyone the same starting out, and if the hourly wage is unacceptable to you, then look elsewhere.