Starwood Hotels & Resorts Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Sales Associate Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Princeville, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Princeville, HI).

Interview

Phone twice and a comprehensive written. Interviewed with Sales manager and Director of Sales, both at same time. Sales manager conducted interview and Director listened with occasional input. A 5 page written test was given in which various situations were presented and you answered.

Interview Questions

• Ability to take constructive criticism , past responsibilities, growth environment, performance based jobs. Professional sales senarios   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start date was negotiable, not base or performance bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied on Starwood's website and got a call back 2 days later. Went through a 30 min phone interview. HR person asked me questions like "Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to satisfy a customer's request" and "Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem under deadline pressure". She also verified if I agree to the late night shift.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to satisfy a customer's request under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Lancaster, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Starts out with a phone interview that you dont really realize is a phone interview until the end. If HR like how the phone interview goes then they'll invite you to a 1:1 or group panel interview where they will ask a series of job related questions/scenarios and about your experience. If they feel you are a good match for the position they will have you take a drug test and proceed to do a background check. If all is clear you'll get a training class start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating at all. Its a take it or leave it type of situation.