Starwood Hotels & Resorts Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Server Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

You are questioned in a comfortable setting. The managers are professional and to the point. Rarely have I ever heard of any fastball questions, mostly softball stuff. Go in confident and the interviewer will probably like you right away. If you are going in for entry level jobs you will be qualified as long as you aren't a dunce, answer your questions without too many "uhs" and "ums".

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart in your mind from everyone else who applies?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

Simple and very relaxed. It was an open call for all hospitality professionals in the area so i decided to hop on. Interview consisted of GM of the restaurant and GM of the hotel. I was asked several questions by each and felt extraordinarily comfortable answering. It was not difficult to to gauge them nor were there trick questions.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was two-part, it began with a Skype call because I'm away at college. The HR manager and one of the restaurant managers spoke with me. It was easy, upbeat and I think many of the questions were situational and behavioral. I enjoyed the interview process, because the HR manager was very kind!

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Walked in for a meeting with the GM of a fine dining outlet; and he was able to meet with me for a short amount of time. We spoke about experiences that had led me to this opportunity, and a couple examples of my reaction during critical situations within the job environment.

Interview Questions

• What is a red wine you would suggest if im trying to spend 60 - 80$ to have along with this short rib?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Was called back a week later to meet at the Resort with the Hiring Manager of IL Terrazzo. Asked many situational and senario questions. Lasted an Hour. Was called back in for a second interview with HR and was offered a job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Denver, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied on line. got a call from HR in about a week. the interview took about 30 minutee.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?   1 Answer
    • If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

good

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2011.

Interview

The questions they asked were: What do you know about this company? Why did you choose to apply here? Why did you leave your previous jobs?Why should I hire you? How many hours will it take to make you happy? Do you mind working at 5:00 a.m.? Then the lady left and a different lady came and asked the exact same questions.