State Bank of India Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

State Bank of India Interview Questions in India

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

In Campus interview there were 2 rounds :
    1. Group discussion
    2. Personnel interview
    The interviewer explained us the profile of company like there future plans which was quite helpful for fresher

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kashipur, Uttaranchal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Kashipur, Uttaranchal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

SBI selection process started with the usual presentation from SBI, then we have to fill a form and attach CV with it, after that there was GD in a group of 10.Topic of the GD was from Marketing domain for marketing guys and finance domain for finance guys after GD there was interview

Interview Questions

• General HR questions, Why SBI, Why Marketing, Market share of SBI, Different marketing concept, HHI Index, Current Affairs   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

SBI has come to MBA campus to recruit for specialist positions (MMGs-III)
    Offered Finance, Marketing roles with package of 9LPA

GD group of 8 (No elimination - all were interviewed as it's a cumulative scoring process)
    Personal Interview -only one round - with a panel consisting 5 interviewers. A bit unusal.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself ?
      Why do you want to work in banking ?
      What are your long term plans ?
      Answer Question
    • Asked about share markets, MFs, types, ways to invest in MFs, some more stuff all related to equity markets.

I've answered them as all that was there on my CV was about equities related competitions, papers etc

Asked my location preference - I've said Mumbai. Done..
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I've said them I'm not interested in retail banking or SME Loans, interested to work on capital markets related and said them I wish to continue the interview if I'm offered work in my area of interest.

The panelists said yes [which may not be idea situation in all interviews]

answered all qsns

Came out of interview room and got the news of my selection after a minute :)

Senior Manager - Management Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I like the interview process as it was scheduled with back to back interviews and completed in one day. They came back to me in 6 days of time with the offer and closed the position fast. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay with us?   1 Answer

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

A very lengthy process. They follow a typical PSU style interview process. The interview happened long-time back a decade back. Was interviewed for Deputy Manager but was offered an Associate designation. Was interviewed first by the Group Head and since got selected, was thereafter interviewed by a panel of top management consisting of the Group Head, MD, President and HR Head.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of online test- aptitude, followed by a GD and interview round the next day. The online aptitude is pretty simple and basics of language, personality, LR and quant questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, Tamil Nadu (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Salem, Tamil Nadu (India)).

Interview

Interview was on the Main subjects viz., Commerce, Accountancy, Auditing, Management Principles Advanced Currency and Monetary Theory, Banking, Negotiable Instruments Act, a Definition on N.I.Act, studied at college level, some questions on General Knowledge,
    and some more on IQ oriented.

Interview Questions

• Name? School? College? Main Subjects? Anciliary Subjects? Qn.on Main Subject? A definition on Negotiable Instruments was asked and answered correctly. Some of the Personal Datas asked by.   2 Answers

Trainee Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Written test & Interview.
    WT consist of
    a) General banking and other banking related question.
    b) Descriptive test on English comprehension and precis and letter writing

The Interview is done by senior banking executives such as GM, DGM in the panel

Interview Questions

• What position previously you have worked for?   1 Answer
    • What is the main challenge to bank now?   1 Answer

Manager Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

interview was good,asked me testing concepts questions,some based on visionplus as well.
    asked me questions on credit card. CMMI level questions, questions based on my work experience. quality centre questions, effort estimaton questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was fairly easy. There was three rounds of interviews
    The HR head took my interview and was very cordial. The manager took my interview too and discussed my role in great detail and with zest,. He was very optimistic in his outlook.