State Bank of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was fairly easy. There was three rounds of interviews
    The HR head took my interview and was very cordial. The manager took my interview too and discussed my role in great detail and with zest,. He was very optimistic in his outlook.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

Not much Diificult.

Smooth Process.

Group Discussion and Interview with Ex Chairman GM Ex IAS Officer

Written Test and Interview took a total of 7-8 months

Easy Group Discussion topics

Current Affair from CS magazine's of last 3-4 months

Background check and medical check up processes strict

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview was arranged at short notice. Interview was long though not very tough
    They expect humble and knowledgeable people. Also they might test you on overall awareness of this industry apart from domain knowledge.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

Initial communication was through a recruiter firm which set up the date. First round was face to face with the officials at Bangalore. After qualifying, second round was again taken by the senior officials from Mumbai. Then the HR made the offer.

Interview Questions

• What are the products I've dealt in my previous workplace?   Answer Question
    • If I'm given 100 rupees, how do I allocate the portfolio of that person if:
      a. He has an growth risk profile
      b. He is conservative   Answer Question

Personal reasons

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Group discussion and a personal interview round,
    multiple groups for GD, in Personal interview I was asked about my past internship experiences.
    Since marketing student they asked me to sell a product

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rohtak (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Rohtak (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

The shortlist was based on CV. There was a panel of 5 members. All of them shot questions at me. Couldn't figure out who's who. But there was no pressure from the panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you generate revenue for the bifurcated state of andhra pradesh?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rohtak (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Rohtak (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Campus recruitment, Consisted of one round of group discussion and 1 round of interview . Brief and Short not too many questions but high on the psychometrics. Had a very enlighting discussion with the brass of the company.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

They were hiring management trainee from premier B schools. It was a contractual agreement for 5 years.You will join as Management trainee and will be promoted to Assistant Vice President next year.The company was offering Hefty package.

Interview Questions

• They asked from resume,Balance sheet,case base situation,academic projects.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university.one day process,First was presentation then Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview. It was a contarctual job for 5 years.
    5 panelists were there to interview me. Different CTC for different locations.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my subjects, career goal and projects. My proud moments and extra curricular activities..   Answer Question

Executive Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviews may be 'structured', 'unstructured' and composite: i.e. comprising a combination of both types or interview approach. There are also a large range of more interview approaches. Interviews typically take place face-to-face, though other modes such as telephone or video are increasingly used.While preparing for an interview, prospective employees usually look at what the job posting or job description says in order to get a better understanding of what is expected of them should they get hired. Exceptionally good interviewees look at the wants and needs of a job posting and show off how good they are at those abilities during the interview to impress the interviewer and increase their chances of getting a job.

Researching the company itself is also a good way for interviewees to impress lots of people during an interview. It shows the interviewer that the interviewee is not only knowledgeable about the company's goals and objectives, but also that the interviewee has done their homework and that they make a great effort when they are given an assignment. Researching about the company makes sure that employees are not entirely clueless about the company they are applying for, and at the end of the interview, the interviewee might ask some questions to the interviewer about the company, either to learn more information or to clarify on some points that they might have found during their research. In any case, it impresses the interviewer and it shows that the interviewee is willing to learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• why you searching a job in banking   1 Answer