State Bank of India Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Bank of India Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at State Bank of India

2.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

all india exams, group discussions, interview conducted all over India. selection is from lakhs and lakhs of applicants after graduation. exams are conducted in many centres all over india

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Bank of India

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, Tamil Nadu (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Salem, Tamil Nadu (India)).

Interview

Interview was on the Main subjects viz., Commerce, Accountancy, Auditing, Management Principles Advanced Currency and Monetary Theory, Banking, Negotiable Instruments Act, a Definition on N.I.Act, studied at college level, some questions on General Knowledge,
    and some more on IQ oriented.

Interview Questions

• Name? School? College? Main Subjects? Anciliary Subjects? Qn.on Main Subject? A definition on Negotiable Instruments was asked and answered correctly. Some of the Personal Datas asked by.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (New Delhi (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Campus interview - 2 rounds, 1st round is shortlisting based on resume and some basic finance questions, 2nd round is finance/industry plus HR

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Varanasi (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

Recommendtion of the seniors and not performance of the employee or devotion. They are not honest but only like to please their seniors. They like or prefer only those employees who may financially benefit them by wong/improper means. No one may develop in this institution without gifting occationally. They only honour wrong employees.

Interview Questions

• Your head is not properly recommended you, why ?
      We think, you do not contact time and again with your controllers.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India in January 2011.

Interview

The interview for me was quite simple. I had 6 years of experience and all of that was in relevant fields. Questions were more generic in the phone call. Interviewer did not venture into asking anything technical and questions were more general in nature. However, applicants with lesser experience may be asked such questions. HR round was also very simple. Final round was through a videocon and the discussions were again generic. It revolved around my experience in different products and what are the products I personally liked to work more on.

Interview Questions

• How many products and sectors you have worked on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations are very difficult. Based on the experience the levels are marked and there is a salary attached and approved to each level. Hence it is not like other I-Banks where salaries can be vastly different at the same level. Hence one has to negotiate the level and not the salary. However again the scope of negotiatio is not that much.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in June 2008.

Interview

It was a panel consists of few officials from top management, HR and Head of business group. Very formal process. Majority of the questions and the decision will be from the head of business group. MD & CEO or President will be there in interview.

Interview Questions

• Why you want leave the current position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate Hard: once you get in to a level the increment are fixed

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Bhopal (India)).

Interview

interview with higher management

Manager Interview

Interview

Many stages upto the final round which includes panel of senior management officials. Primary rounds check your capabiltiies w.r.t. understanding of a specific sector and your financial model building skills.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

Most of the lateral recruitment happens through reference of current employees. Basic knowledge of Corporate Finance will see you through along with skills in Financial Modelling.
    HR is least involved in the process except for co-ordination...only question from HR will be on Current Salary and Job Location.
    1st round is a preliminary one taken by one of the Middle Management guys and revolves around the resume and basic of Corporate Finance
    2nd and Final round is by the Mgmt. and revolves around current market scenario. Less emphasis on technical in both the rounds

Interview Questions

• Prepare a Financial Model based on the case study provided within 2 hours   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

it is very good and friendly manner. to have done ok . they are very good to be to see the post for that the appy very soon now can be done as per the time give them is good or best or good to be