State Bank of India Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.9

Senior Manager - Management Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I like the interview process as it was scheduled with back to back interviews and completed in one day. They came back to me in 6 days of time with the offer and closed the position fast. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay with us?   1 Answer

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

A very lengthy process. They follow a typical PSU style interview process. The interview happened long-time back a decade back. Was interviewed for Deputy Manager but was offered an Associate designation. Was interviewed first by the Group Head and since got selected, was thereafter interviewed by a panel of top management consisting of the Group Head, MD, President and HR Head.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was fairly easy. There was three rounds of interviews
    The HR head took my interview and was very cordial. The manager took my interview too and discussed my role in great detail and with zest,. He was very optimistic in his outlook.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Interview was arranged at short notice. Interview was long though not very tough
    They expect humble and knowledgeable people. Also they might test you on overall awareness of this industry apart from domain knowledge.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Group discussion and a personal interview round,
    multiple groups for GD, in Personal interview I was asked about my past internship experiences.
    Since marketing student they asked me to sell a product

Executive Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviews may be 'structured', 'unstructured' and composite: i.e. comprising a combination of both types or interview approach. There are also a large range of more interview approaches. Interviews typically take place face-to-face, though other modes such as telephone or video are increasingly used.While preparing for an interview, prospective employees usually look at what the job posting or job description says in order to get a better understanding of what is expected of them should they get hired. Exceptionally good interviewees look at the wants and needs of a job posting and show off how good they are at those abilities during the interview to impress the interviewer and increase their chances of getting a job.

Researching the company itself is also a good way for interviewees to impress lots of people during an interview. It shows the interviewer that the interviewee is not only knowledgeable about the company's goals and objectives, but also that the interviewee has done their homework and that they make a great effort when they are given an assignment. Researching about the company makes sure that employees are not entirely clueless about the company they are applying for, and at the end of the interview, the interviewee might ask some questions to the interviewer about the company, either to learn more information or to clarify on some points that they might have found during their research. In any case, it impresses the interviewer and it shows that the interviewee is willing to learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• why you searching a job in banking   1 Answer

Inventory Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was just face to face interview.First I have applied through job portal but after waiting for long time to get interview call from them i have applied through reference.This process took one month.

Equity Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

started with introduction about myself, further questions on my current profile and any research work I've done on any company. Key skills explanation as it was mentioned on my CV

Interview Questions

• Please brief me about yourself   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Shortlisting Based on Resume and Next round of Personal Interview where Basic HR Questions along with some basic marketing fundas and my views on them were asked. The Interveiw was more focused on marketing and hence made me aware that it was a dept level selection round

Negotiation

No Negotiation was done since its a PSU, the Offer stands only to those accepting the whatever is mentioned by the bank before hand

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

i selected in campus,first apti, then technical and HR, interview is good, as fresher dont join here, salary range low, for manger level good salary