State College of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State College of Florida Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at State College of Florida

Chemistry Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State College of Florida (Venice, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

A panel of other science professors observe your teaching style in a classroom with a sample (following the phone interview) to assess your teaching prowess. Meet with the President of Academics who is the final individual to select from the two names provided by the hiring committee. Very professional group of individuals.

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State College of Florida (Bradenton, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed with the department directors 3 days later. The interview went well and my former supervisor told me they contacted her for a reference and said that I was their top candidate. One week later I received a call from a human resources representative who said she just had a few questions. The call turned out to be a one hour grueling interrogation with her insisting that I list my shortcomings and weaknesses in former jobs. When I indicated a few minor ones she said ' oh everybody does that' and she kept insisting I list more weaknesses, or examples of where supervisors said I needed improvement on performance evals in the past 10 years. I told her that I could not even remember that far back, that nothing stood out. Any response I gave was not acceptable, and it seemed as though she was intentionally trying to eliminate me. I eventually provided some personal weaknesses just to end the interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about my qualifications for the job were asked by the department directors at the in-person interview.
      The follow up phone call from a person in human resources was only directed at demanding that I indicate weaknesses/shortcomings other than minor ones.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State College of Florida.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I contacted the department and was interviewed from there. There was not formal interview process, but they do a thorough background check. Things might have changed since I was hired.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State College of Florida (Bradenton, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Fast. Discussed my industry job history. Reviewed training and skills development methods that I was exposed to in prior positions. The department Head was friendly, encouraging and supportive.

Surprised that there were no peer reviews. There was some 1st week classroom observation. Suggestions were welcomed. Some time was spent with another instructor, but mostly for orientation issues and textbook familiarization.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing exotic. Looked at my prior resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is take it or leave it.