State Farm Actuarial Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I submitted the application online and got a phone interview less than a week later. The interviewer wasn't an actuary, so we weren't on the same page with a lot of the communication. The questions were very robotic because she was reading off her computer (I could hear the keyboard clicking as I was talking). The duration of the phone call was about half an hour, half of it was spent telling me about the position.

Interview Questions

• Name something negative about your past job experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and then I received a call to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After the phone interview I waited a couple of weeks without hearing anything and was offered a different position with a different company so I took that.

I have interview previously for this position before though and it also consisted of a 2:1 Interview.

Interview Questions

Was offered a position with a different company before State Farm could bring me in for another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

They do not like to hire interns on F1 visa. So they just mock interviewed me. I had to sum up my strengths and weaknesses. They asked a few questions about the presentations I did in the past. I also described how I interact and get along with people in a new environment.
    My advice to interview candidates is very simple. KNOW YOUR RESUME. They ask questions based on stuff you put on your resume.