State Farm Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Farm Actuarial Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I applied the job on their website in October and received a interview invitation in December. All interview questions are easy and common behavioral questions. And the interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Actuary Interview

Interview

I was invited to interview with state farm through my college career center. I interviewed with two people. The process was really dry; they just asked listed questions and wrote down what I said. There was no serious interaction between interviewers and interviewee. They gave me statefarm gym sack and office supply for a gift

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most at your last job/internship?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Applied online and then met at their office. Went through a list of behavioral questions and then at the end asked about technical skills. Never heard back from them after interview. Thought this was rude. Didn't follow up because I accepted a better opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did above the required amount of work for something   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Champaign, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

30 minute interview about corporate culture, behavioral questions and ideas for research projects. Interview contained no technical questions, which was odd in comparison similar interviews. Good to know a lot about State Farm's culture beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What is an idea for a research project you would want to complete if you worked here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I had the opportunity to meet with several executives within the department, as well as newer employees to make me feel comfortable. However, I feel that I got the interview due to my personal connections within the department, and I believe this is how State Farm chooses to handle the majority of hiring. Individuals with no personal connections to State Farm will be passed on if a candidate with personal connections applies for the same position, regardless of the qualifications and skills of the individuals.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths as an individual?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I interviewed at State Farm (Champaign, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Just a simple behavioral interview, with no trick questions. Took about a month to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

It was my first phone interview so it was harder for me than probably other people. Asked a lot of questions about being a leader and how you would handle a conflict in the work place. Also asked how you would handle a situation if a member of your team disagreed with you.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if a team member disagreed with your results.   Answer Question