State Farm Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

3.4

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Lengthily interview process with several tiers. Make sure that you interview the sales leader as much as they interview you. This process is grueling and you may hear a lot of no's but push on.

Interview Questions

• What drives you the most, the yes or the no?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Interview your sales leader-they can make or break the experience.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Professional and well conducted. Questions asked were relevant and they gave more advice than questions asked. They opened the floor for me to ask more than they did.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. Interviewed to be an intern in an agent's office. Agent discussed the job, the day-to-day. Met the staff. Pretty straight-forward. They went over my resume, and discussed why I thought I'd be a good fit.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview

Endless. You end up being subject to some mystic psychological test which tells you whether you are in or out. The training is intrusive and you are judged by all until you complete your year of probation. They are the kind of company that will stab you in the back with a huge smile on their face if you are not up to snuff.

Interview Questions

• Interviews and never ending interviews at every phase. If you don't tell them what they want to hear, you will be elbowed out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Johnsbury, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Saint Johnsbury, VT) in August 2013.

Interview

While this all started off well, things deteriorated over time. In my case, I had to wait and chase after the regional manager. I started proposal work and talking with agents before my meeting. Some were very pro, some were very con. To make a long story short, I was the driving factor -- perhaps a motivation test. But, as I neared close to 100 hours of prep work prior to a "presentation review", and finally got some hard data I was looking for from the manager 2 days prior.

I came to the conclusion what they wanted was mathematically impossible in the desired territory -- which it sounds like they didn't particularly care about.

I did my work late at night..... as I was running a business. Things are kept "mysterious" until you reach the "next level". It was an agent who told me that training was 3 months several states away.

Interview Questions

• None. It was straightforward. It simply seemed like a very long process, with questionable return. I blew the presentation. But, by that point, I thought the whole thing was somewhat bizarre. Lots of support from the recruiter and the initial company helper. Very lax manager -- which had me worried.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (El Paso, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They want to know if you meet the performance dimensions. They also want to know if you can meet the financial requirements, which usually means you have to have money saved to invest in your first year.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Interview

Internet first then structured interview then business plan proposal.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Orange, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

1st took online test on personality 2nd phone interview 3rd completed online info about S.F. 4th met with supervisor and agents on what to expect as an agent 5th started business plan 6th interview about business plan and who i am 7th choose city to open agency in 8th interview for that location 9th school for 9 months 10th intern for a couple months 11th open agency.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision that had a lose lose outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary........ It doesn’t hurt to ask

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

45 - an hour minutes of skill based interview; they asked me to tell stories where I showed certain competencies. Interview was with 4 people in the room; sales leader, consultant, hr person and observer taking notes

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial communication was good. They make it sound great, as they should! Once your hopes are high they send you a personality test. I should have taken the recruiters advice. Be proud of yourself! The test was taken by there top agents who of course answer high. I was honest. Proud of my accomplishments without embellishing things. If you like to boost and brag about yourself the test will be easy. Ironically another insurance agent said I was exactly what they look for in agents. Apparently State Farms test thinks otherwise. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• They were basic questions. not really an interview until you pass the initial test.   Answer Question